• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Junior Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
We'll how good is the Div 1 U14 comp, just went over the weekends games and the top 3 got knocked off by the bottom 3, and it's game on for a spot in the top 4.
Some key match up in the next couple of weeks, looks exciting.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
A clear favourite in the under 13s Div 1 competition is now hard to pick. In the last month or so of competition, GPS (3rd) beat Souths (5th), Souths (5) beat Riverside (1st), Nerang (2nd) beat Riverside (1), Riverside (1) beat Easts (4th), Easts (4) beat Nerang (2), GPS (3) beat Easts (4). Next week Souths (5) play Easts (4) and Riverside (1) are at home to GPS (3) who have not been beaten since the selection trials at Albany Creek. The pointy end of the season is here.

Meanwhile, in the 14s division 1, the competition and places for the top 4 are still wide open after results today. Flu season, Saturday GPS school rugby and injuries continue to have crucial impacts.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Souths not dead yet in the U13's

The way I read it ...if they beat Sunnybank by 41 or more on the weekend they will end up on the same number of points as Easts and beat them into the finals with a superior for and against

I

iceman

Souths not dead yet in the U13's

The way I read it .if they beat Sunnybank by 41 or more on the weekend they will end up on the same number of points as Easts and beat them into the finals with a superior for and against
Thats what i thought but when checking the competition rules on bjru site it comes down to who won more games in regular season. ...and if still unresolved points differential. ....and looking at the ladder East look safe

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Kenny Calendar

Much Respect

Thhhhhupa Thullth ....Thilver Thuvren.....and gee wiz Johnny ...another f'n raayth where every f'n horth has a f'n eth in it !

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
King , I'm with your son , the Prince from a few posts above

Too close to call

All sides with clear advantages and different styles that are difficult to negate

A few excellent Coaches in the final mix as well that could prove to be a difference in whoever wins out

It will be a great finish to the season

Best of luck to all

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think what the season thus far has shown us is that any of the top 4 teams can win on the day. You could also argue that 'some' of those recent results were due to depleted teams suffering from sickness or injuries. So perhaps the team with the strongest/greater numbers on the bench have the advantage.

I think it will come down to a number of variables and I also agree that coaching will play a part.

Whatever will be will be, however I'm obviously backing the Bulls given that they have a relatively full strength team - they'll be hard to beat and if beaten, the other team will genuinely have deserved it.

One more round to go and then the fun and games begin.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Maybe just maybe, GPS will get up and surprise us all. Which is a weird thing to say considering they are 3rd on the ladder and have just recently knocked off RVS. You could easily argue they are the form team at the moment.

Let's see how they go on Sunday, a win against the Bulls will really set them up as the new favorites but will also mean they will have created a massive bulls-eye on their heads. But for now I'm sure they are hoping to fly under the radar.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Nerang is very well coached, has some outstanding u13 players and has only lost 2 games all year.

As predicted by a few on this thread at the half way mark of the competition, Riverside's strengths have been identified and teams have prepared game plans to counter this. RVS has subsequently recruited players again but apparently reluctantly due to injuries? Will these boys be eligible for finals?

Despite what happens in the final round, these top 2 teams will fight it out next week for a place in the GF. Should be a battle Royale.

Easts have a week off and will be fresh for their semi final.
GPS just have to do what they have done since the holidays - keep winning.
Maybe the game against the Bulls tells us something........ or nothing at all!

One thing, as also predicted in late June by many, the boys backing up on Sundays after tough school games on Saturday have a big challenge ahead with the intensity about to lift. New comp starts next week....

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
lol.. yep. Players have to have played at least 50% of the round games to be eligible. There are some circumstances which would allow a player an 'exemption' but clearly this isn't going to be one of those cases.
This is very true, but unfortunately the rules get bent to suit teams as is the case in the 14's with an illegal player from a 15's team playing 14's, after playing 3/4 of the season, more than 50% of the time in 15's, and it seems he will be allowed to play finals for both 14's and 15's.
Go figure??
Don't know why we have rules if the governing body choose to not in force them.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Well done Nerang on winning the minor premiership.

Incredible team defensive effort today and smart second half strategy with the wind in a game where a couple of individual efforts were the difference.

Who said that game was a dead rubber? The boys didn't know it!

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
And congratulations to all four Ashgrove GPS under 13 teams that finished in the top 3 in their respective division competitions. Hopefully, all boys will return in 2016 in the under 14s after such a successful season in aggregate. A great sign of the depth, camaraderie and talent in this age group.

Good luck in the finals.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Congrats to Tipi and his young chargers from Nerang.
Well deserved minor premiers.
May I add what a great bunch of young men. Physicals, competive, humble snd polite. They play the game in great spirit. They are a great reflection of their coach and parents. Perhaps a couple of Brisbane clubs could learn a thing or two from our Gold Coast neighbours.
Not sure I agree with that last statement, seen more than my fair share of not so polite Gold Coast parents and players over this season, don't get me wrong Brisbane does have it fair share of cranky parents and players too.
So let's not throw stones hay, we don't want to tar everyone with the same brush.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not sure I agree with that last statement, seen more than my fair share of not so polite Gold Coast parents and players over this season, don't get me wrong Brisbane does have it fair share of cranky parents and players too.
So let's not throw stones hay, we don't want to tar everyone with the same brush.
haha... you're not wrong. I know some 'colourful characters' on the Coast, that's for sure. I think most teams and definitely every club has them.

Anyway, the regular season has past and basically amounts to not much more than who the teams are now scheduled to play. I still think it's an even spread across the 13's and any team is capable of winning. This makes for a good competitive finals series and is good for rugby in general. It also helps to keep the boys interested and motivated for next year once the finals are over.

Good luck to all the teams across the age groups and divisions.

Q

Quakezone

King , I'm with your son , the Prince from a few posts above

Too close to call

All sides with clear advantages and different styles that are difficult to negate

A few excellent Coaches in the final mix as well that could prove to be a difference in whoever wins out

It will be a great finish to the season

Best of luck to all

All top 4 U13 sides and even 5th place Souths are well coached, having played each other 2 or 3 times already throughout the season, coaching will have a huge impact on finals results - regular season is over, its about who shows up on the day and how the coaches decide to play it....

Status
Not open for further replies.