• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
D'Arcy out for the 6 nations, time to bring Luke Marshall in at 12? He offers a big boot, good physicality, great pass and a good breaking threat.

Edit: Irish media reporting that the backline in training this week was:

Murray
Rog
Earls BOD
McFadden Kearney Gilroy

If that is the line up I'll be backing Scotland to get one over on us.

Unless Declan has a Road to Damascus moment this late in the day, that looks like what he'd go with. Play someone out of position rather than evolve. Earls looked dangerous when he came on for Zebo. Let the lad do what he does best.

And how solid is BOB's ankle?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Unless Declan has a Road to Damascus moment this late in the day, that looks like what he'd go with. Play someone out of position rather than evolve. Earls looked dangerous when he came on for Zebo. Let the lad do what he does best.

And how solid is BOB's ankle?

You'd think with his job on the line he'd roll the dice but he just has his favourites who will always in ahead in the pecking order. I'd love to see a backline of Murray, Madigan; McFadden, Bod: Earls, Kearney and Gilroy. Everyone in their natural position with some really good attacking players there.

It sounds like it'll hold up for 60 minutes anyway, but if its tight which it will be I cant see Kidney taking him off.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Declan has had myriad opportunities to roll the dice. He doesn't understand the concept. Just a shame. It's playing blokes out of position rather than trying youth that drives me insane. And most Irish supporters, too, I expect.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Declan has had myriad opportunities to roll the dice. He doesn't understand the concept. Just a shame. It's playing blokes out of position rather than trying youth that drives me insane. And most Irish supporters, too, I expect.

Need to give this site a glance on occasions to calm me down after some of his decisions.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Ah well too many posts to trawl through them all so sorry if I say something already said.Wales have been woeful these last few months 8 losses on the bounce a win in france was a real pick me up, never mind that France where shocking a win is a win. French selection was mystifying Fofana the best centre in euro rugby put out on the wing, incredible. As for Wales we have a few injuries but, they will be back soon me thinks . there is much descussion of warbs and Tupric on the welsh forums the split is about even, Warbs seems to have gone off the boil since his red carding, he needs to put it aside, as for tup, is quick to the ball but, lacks the weight and body positioning to stand his ground at the breakdown, Warbs does and of course I see him as a far more destructive player than Tup. But that is only my opinion.
It is Early days yet to select a lions side but, some have already put their hands up Farrel, Parrling, tulagie (sp), Healy, BOD,O,Bryan, Grey, Falatau, Ian evans Adam Jones someone who hasn't played yet but I think a shoe in Lydiate.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Ah well too many posts to trawl through them all so sorry if I say something already said.Wales have been woeful these last few months 8 losses on the bounce a win in france was a real pick me up, never mind that France where shocking a win is a win. French selection was mystifying Fofana the best centre in euro rugby put out on the wing, incredible. As for Wales we have a few injuries but, they will be back soon me thinks . there is much descussion of warbs and Tupric on the welsh forums the split is about even, Warbs seems to have gone off the boil since his red carding, he needs to put it aside, as for tup, is quick to the ball but, lacks the weight and body positioning to stand his ground at the breakdown, Warbs does and of course I see him as a far more destructive player than Tup. But that is only my opinion.
It is Early days yet to select a lions side but, some have already put their hands up Farrel, Parrling, tulagie (sp), Healy, BOD,O,Bryan, Grey, Falatau, Ian evans Adam Jones someone who hasn't played yet but I think a shoe in Lydiate.

Wales look devoid of any creativity at the moment, I'm not sure boshers from 11-14 is the way to go. Phillips' form isnt helping either I suppose.

Never bought in to the Warburton hype myself, I'd have Tipuric every day of the week ahead of him. Alarm bells should have been ringing for Welsh fans when St Sam give an interview in September saying he was just trying to get himself ready for the Lions tour. It seemed he'd overlooked the fact he'd have to work hard and earn his spot. I really can't see him getting picked now, Tipuric SOB and Robshaw are miles ahead of him.

From an Irish perspective ROG had an absolute shocker for Munster and Mad Dog Ian ran the show for Leinster. Still what does form mean to Uncle Deccie?

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Like you Jsrf there are many in Wales think Tupric should be ahead of warbs. Only time will tell, if Warbs gets his form back to what it was then he is the player for me I think it more psychological with warbs, if he gets his head together he'll be on the plane, SOB is a 6 masquerading as a 7
devoid of creativity I would have agreed with you on this befor the French game, but Norths try in the corner was class, I think the Welsh team have been in a dark place, the win was all important, I think the Welsh backs are the most creative of the UK sides, but they are not allowed to be they follow a plan that is now known by all, I and many others believe it is time for plan B, Will the lions play the same game plan me wonders

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Like you Jsrf there are many in Wales think Tupric should be ahead of warbs. Only time will tell, if Warbs gets his form back to what it was then he is the player for me I think it more psychological with warbs, if he gets his head together he'll be on the plane, SOB is a 6 masquerading as a 7
devoid of creativity I would have agreed with you on this befor the French game, but Norths try in the corner was class, I think the Welsh team have been in a dark place, the win was all important, I think the Welsh backs are the most creative of the UK sides, but they are not allowed to be they follow a plan that is now known by all, I and many others believe it is time for plan B, Will the lions play the same game plan me wonders

I would agree with you Dai, that on top form Warburton is a better player the Tipuric. But Warburton is no where near top form and currently Tipuric is a much better player. It would do Warburton a world of good to have to earn his starting spot back in the team. Wales are Ireland are very similar at the moment in that players out of form don't get dropped.

D'Arcy should have been dropped for Ireland 4-5 years ago and instead he was retained and finally he returned to form in green this year. If Wales are sticking by Sam I hope it doesn't take that long for him to turn his form around.There are many players in recent years for both teams who would have benefited from being dropped when out of form, Priestland, ROG, Heaslip, Philips, Powell, O'Brien to name just a few.

I found it very interesting to read Priestland speak about how during the November games he didn't want to be on the pitch and he'd told Howley that he didn't know if he wanted to play against New Zealand. He was suffering a massive crisis in confidence and after the series he went to see a sports psychologist.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
yeah, I agree some players need to be droped, Sam has been put on the bench I suspect he will be brought on in the latter part of the game against Italy then its down to him, I personally think Warbs is the best open side in Britain and Ireland, desetoir probably the best in the north, Warbs needs to find some form.
I watched the game against Wales and France again this AM and paid particular attention to tups although he had a fair game I couldn't find too much wrong with his game, yet there is no awe factor there for me, he tends to stand in the 12 channel waiting for th ball to come to him instead of hunting for it, when he gets to the breakdown first his body positioning is weak and he get moved off the ball.
The best 7s get there and stay there, he might look the part with his envolvment, tackles, does a job in the line out, but where you need him scavenging for the ball he sometimes falls short.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
ROG and Jackson the two 10’s named in the Ireland squad, Scotland at 7/4 is looking very tasty right now.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
ROG was shite for Munster yesterday. Probably cemented his spot -v- Scotland in Deccie's eyes unfortunately.
He was worse than shite, he should not be within a light year of the Munster first team squad now leave alone Ireland. But looks like DK is going with him and Jackson even though Jackson was not even trusted to kick for touch, let alone goal against the Zebres on friday night. This six nations is starting to feel more and more like 2008 by the day. Aaah well at least we shouldn't have so many ruined by the Lions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's amazing the change of fortune Ireland have had, after the Welsh game they were about equal favourites with England to win and an okay chance at a Grand Slam, now they could be looking at 5th or 6th.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Take away the injuries, Healy's brain-fart, etc, there was always Deccie's Patented Inconsistency to factor in. They're my Home Nations team but the term favouritism always gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Manuel

Herbert Moran (7)
Sergio Parisse may miss the remaining of the Six Nations.
He received a red card on Saturday playing for Stade Français, for having alledgedly insulted the referee. If found guilty, the minimum ban is six weeks.
So far, no audio evidence of the incident exists, so it's just opposing testimonies and the referee's is likely to prevail.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Yes, saw that. Pah! Last thing we need. Robert Barbieri hasn't appeared even on the bench thus far. Can't find any reference to injury. He'll never be Sergio but he can do a job at 8.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not really surprised at Irelands fortunes, all we can hope for is to get through the 6 Nations without too many other injuries. Just get a feeling all isn't right in the camp at the minute, the selection of ROG won't sit well with the younger players, BOD seems to be pissed off after losing the captaincy and the management continue to be tactically inept. Looking forward to a fresh start with, hopefully POC and Fez back, a new coach and some modern day tactics.

What a huge loss for Italy Parisse is, I really thought they had a superb chance to put one over on the Welsh.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Sergio Parisse may miss the remaining of the Six Nations.
He received a red card on Saturday playing for Stade Français, for having alledgedly insulted the referee. If found guilty, the minimum ban is six weeks.
So far, no audio evidence of the incident exists, so it's just opposing testimonies and the referee's is likely to prevail.
If the ref was Poite or Gauzere I can understand why Parisse might lose his temper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.