• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Hurricanes vs Rebels - 04/05 - 3:15pm Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels were the better side for 60 minutes, still not good enough. If they could defend and play like that, why didn't they from the start. Seemed like they forgot to play after a bye.

Quade doing his best Foley impersonation at the end and throwing away the bonus point.

Can't say the Rebels deserved to win, but what do the Hurricanes have to do to get carded, that was ridiculous.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I don't think the Rebels can afford to keep Meakes on the bench, I think he is exactly the kind of player who needs to be playing outside of Quade. Crashes the ball up hard and consistently, Hodge and English aren't filling that role at the moment.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Hopefully they're back in the groove after some poor defense in the first half. Genia needs to bin his box kick. Surely you throw it back for a Hodge clearance down the middle and allow Marika to do the only thing he is world class at and chase it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It’s interesting isn’t it. They haven’t won out of Australia. Every other Oz side has. They may not need to however.

Rebels would also have to be the most variable in terms of performances across 2 halves - one day they may learn to play 80min football - I personally get sick of hearing how proud coach was for second half performance or for their first half performance for what was a game lost. How about being proud of their full 80 minute application!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels would also have to be the most variable in terms of performances across 2 halves - one day they may learn to play 80min football.
I agree. We have only had one 80 min performance this year, against the reds and the scoreline reflected what is possible when the boys get it together for a full game