• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 15 Rebels v Sunwolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
A little worried by the recent form of the opposition.

Selection will be interesting after the Brumbies win, want to see Hodge start at 10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You should be (worried) even with Sunwolves key national players rested for simple fact sunwolves in recent games played well and in recent games Rebels played shit...actually really shit....

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Gee - that looked a harsh yellow. I thought the ball was thrown into his face. Maybe I saw it wrong.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cottrell very quiet. Maddocks and Koroibete looked good. Sefa Naivalu just destroyed his opposite when given the chance.
Timani had some nice touches and Uelese looks rusty.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Gee - that looked a harsh yellow. I thought the ball was thrown into his face. Maybe I saw it wrong.
I haven't seen it on TV yet but it looked to me like he knocked it back. I don't get why it was even a penalty.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Anyone know anything about that reserve prop for the Rebels making his debut? Damn that guy was huge and pretty mobile as well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I haven't seen it on TV yet but it looked to me like he knocked it back. I don't get why it was even a penalty.

Ditto. He looked to knock it back. Is the law that you cannot intentionally knock on or knock down? If the latter then the yellow was justified and they could have even awarded a penalty try.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Ditto. He looked to knock it back. Is the law that you cannot intentionally knock on or knock down? If the latter then the yellow was justified and they could have even awarded a penalty try.

Cynical play / professional foul near try line.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done rebels, did enough to get the much needed bonus point. Thought the team looked fairly solid at ground level however a few too many pushed passes. Hodge was solid at 10, thought every player looked solid. Koroibete and DHP prob the best of the backs and Coleman and Mafi best of the forwards.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The ruling was that, because he was the tackler he was in an offside position to play the ball.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyone know anything about that reserve prop for the Rebels making his debut? Damn that guy was huge and pretty mobile as well.

Pone Fa'amausili aka "John Coffee" he is a local product as far as i know, been in the Rebels 20's program. i think he is only 19 or 20, played previously as a lock for the Rising and Oz 20's .

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Pone Fa'amausili aka "John Coffee" he is a local product as far as i know, been in the Rebels 20's program. i think he is only 19 or 20, played previously as a lock for the Rising and Oz 20's .
He looks like one to watch. I really liked at the end when the Rebels were trying to keep the Sunwolves out he made one tackle and jumped to his feet and made another the next phase.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Good to have DHP back , thought Phillip had a great game and Timani did well when he came on Maddox tops , what A great new idea, get the ball to our wingers , worked well with a number of tries between them ,, one thing ,as far as I could see Mafi was involved in 5 penalties against us , must change , good to win but will need large improvement across the park to have a chance next week

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"I really liked at the end when the Rebels were trying to keep the Sunwolves out he made one tackle and jumped to his feet and made another the next phase."
imo thats the 'secret' winning formula the nz teams have been using effectively. We just need to do it for 80 minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.