• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 15 Rebels v Sunwolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
he might have started the year at that, but seems to have trimmed down a lot. the S&C guys were really flooging him in preseason. he is apparently just 21.
Edit: started the year at 150+ Now 130 according to coach

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
one thing ,as far as I could see Mafi was involved in 5 penalties against us , must change , good to win but will need large improvement across the park to have a chance next week
i love Mafi BUT he has a number of drawbacks. i thought with a couple of penalties last night he was hard done by (on his feet and clearly on the ball) however he is a penalty magnet (because he tries so hard and is so fired up at the breakdown) and he is a ball hog - several times a game he goes into contact, or more correctly to say he tries to run over whoever is in front of him, rather than passing to a support player. when does pass its often too late or ill directed.

i suppose the, run as often as you can, run hard, run straight, run always is his thing though.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
An experienced coach would have got him to pull his head in a long time ago but he continues to overplay his game to the detriment of the team. Taking the ball off the back of a 5 metre scrum with a winger in the sin bin is totally selfish play and unacceptable at any level of the game. It is not the first time he's done it and to go against what the team has called seeking the glory for yourself should never happen. A strong coach would hook him to show who is running the show but Mafi continues to do as he likes and it will bring the team undone in an important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.