• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

I have to be honest, I never really rated Vuna. I thought he was lazy on the field, and his defence was only marginally stronger than a wet paper bag.

Plus, let's not forget he punched the great Delve in a drunken moment, (on tour in SA from memory), then tweeted about it. Poor form.

I wish him well, but am pretty happy he is not still with us.

Sorry, history regurgitated. Moving on now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If Metcher is out for an extended period of time, we could do worse than picking up Jono Owen on an injury replacement contract. He's finished up his contract with Grenoble and is currently playing with Auckland in the ITM cup.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have to be honest, I never really rated Vuna. I thought he was lazy on the field, and his defence was only marginally stronger than a wet paper bag.

Plus, let's not forget he punched the great Delve in a drunken moment, (on tour in SA from memory), then tweeted about it. Poor form.

I wish him well, but am pretty happy he is not still with us.

Sorry, history regurgitated. Moving on now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it Beale who punched Delve? Cooper did tweet about it though.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Metcher is out for an extended period of time, we could do worse than picking up Jono Owen on an injury replacement contract. He's finished up his contract with Grenoble and is currently playing with Auckland in the ITM cup.

Or Mike Alalatoa who is currently playing with the turbos in the ITM.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Last year in the U20s, Alan A was the THP and I'm sure that in games I saw at the same time Mike was a LHP. They both seem to have swapped sides this year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously I can't say specifically having not seen him live in action.

But as far as I can tell, having glanced at teamsheets and such over the past 18 or so months, that Mike seemed to be viewed at club level and for the tahs at loosehead primarily, albeit played 1 game off the bench at tighthead, then the Eagles played him at tighthead in all but one of their matches last season, and Manawatu has shifted him about the front row, depending on the fitness of other props.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Cooper Vuna was awesome with the tryline in sight. I really enjoyed that period at the Rebels. Big crowds, mercurial players who pulled off some fucking awesome wins.

But let's never forget that Vuna's career highlight wasn't holding the club's season try-scoring record, nor was it representing the Wallabies. Vuna's pinnacle will always be parlaying his on-field presence to cross-promote his alter ego "DJ CV" at the various filth nightclubs of the city.

Just great vibes all round.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Superb.

In hindsight those years were a lot of fun, even if most of them were spent calling for Phipps' head. The team had a real lash, even if they couldn't defend for shit. Was always great watching them play like complete potatoes for 70 minutes before putting on a clinic of 15-man running rugby for the last 10 only to fall desperately short.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
First 4 Weeks, Melbourne to Perth, Perth to Loftus, Loftus to Melbourne and Melbourne to Japan. Thanks Sanzar for all the frequent flyer points so early in the year.

REB625_N_Membership_2016_Fixture-1.jpg

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
It's a tough draw alright.

Also tough is the seven home games for the price of eight!

The cost (Platinum) has effectively gone up from $59.50/game to $68.00, that's a pretty big whack.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
hadn't realised i was getting one less home game till then.

whats worrying me most is the poor performance of the Rising, especially the Rebel contingent. These guys should really be dominating against the club players in the Rams, Rays, etc; but they are struggling. So is it the end of a very long and physically arduous pre and post Super season catching up with them all, or did they just play above themselves this year to give us another false dawn ?. I sincerely hope they are just buggered from TT's driving them since last November, and we might see some flashes of brilliance in the next few weeks in the NRC

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The most important players for the Rebs in the rising are playing well, that is the halves and Jones. The 3 opensides are chugging along nicely, but are a bit samey, would have been nice if say Jordy had been sent up to the Rays. Crawford, Metcher, Inman, Ellison, Weeks, Sefa, Toby, Hagan, Retallick, McMahon, Harris and Stirzaker are a quality set of players who haven't been playing NRC. It'd be nice if Cruze, Timani and at least one of Dom and Tom were playing quality Rugby as well but the first 2 at least are coming off decent injuries, I'm willing to give them time.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i'll accept all of that, but overall still bit concerning and pretty disappointing, still a few games left to turn it around. agree Timani and AhNau will only get better, Debreczeni wasn't so good last game imo. they all looked like they were trying too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.