• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Good to see Telusa Veainu light up the World Cup overnight v Namibia. A double including a 40 metre run for his first try. Plus came close to scoring another spectacular try in the corner just before half time. He also made a 60 metre run to set up another try.

Pace to burn and x factor. Pity Tony didn't give him more of a chance in his two years in Melbourne.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
^^^^^^^ a very great pity. i can only imagine it was because of TT's preference (obsession ?) for size and winning the collisions, however if one is skilful enough most of the collisions can be avoided ;)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scott Fuglistaller (shoulder) and Tom English (knee) have this week been ruled out for the remainder of the 2015 NRC, allowing them to be appropriately prepared for the start of pre-season with the Melbourne Rebels

from the Rebs website, hopefully not too bad an injury to either

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Fuglistaller has had ongoing issues with his shoulder. IIRC last off season was spent in a sling from surgery.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This is the Toorak standard..
d9954552932be77b8cc65e2d102efc7c.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
another 'Aussie' prop signed by the Rebels.

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/ryan-cocker-signs-for-the-melbourne-rebels

The Melbourne Rebels have signed tighthead prop Ryan Cocker for the 2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

23 year old Cocker has spent the last three seasons playing for Taranaki in New Zealand’s ITM Cup competition, as well as spending the past two seasons as a member of the Chiefs’ development side.
Cocker, whose mother was born in Australia, said he is looking forward to moving to Melbourne in the near future.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
appears to be another solid signing from the Rebels. Hopefully a more than adequate replacement for PAE in the next couple of years

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So by my last count we've got three LHP's (Smith, Ah Nau, Hagan), three Hookers (Chiba, Pat and Silvia) and three THPs (Lorenzo, Metcher and Cocker) on our books. That's some seriously nice Prop depth there.

Now, have we got a EPS scrummie lined up?

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Probably not the right place to post this but where would anyone recommend someone who just moved to Melbourne to watch the Final on Sunday morning? Any good rugby pubs?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Probably not the right place to post this but where would anyone recommend someone who just moved to Melbourne to watch the Final on Sunday morning? Any good rugby pubs?

Welcome to Melbourne,

Time to change that Tahs logo to Rebels.

Turf bar on Queen St is staying open for the match, you will be out numbered by All Blacks fans but is always full for big rugby games.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Welcome to Melbourne,

Time to change that Tahs logo to Rebels.

Turf bar on Queen St is staying open for the match, you will be out numbered by All Blacks fans but is always full for big rugby games.

Haha, thanks mate. i will most certainly be getting myself a Rebels membership for 2016, i'll just warm into it at first!:)

Thanks for the recommendation, i have been told there's a pub called the College lawn? But wanted to check with the Melbourne rugby faithful to make sure! Going to a pub full of All Blacks could go either way depending on the result but i'm happy to back us in.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Collage Lawn will have more Kiwi's than Turf Bar, but it's not a bad spot depending on which part of Melbourne you are living. If your based in St Kilda or Prahran than it's perfect, otherwise it could be a bit out of the way.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Collage Lawn will have more Kiwi's than Turf Bar, but it's not a bad spot depending on which part of Melbourne you are living. If your based in St Kilda or Prahran than it's perfect, otherwise it could be a bit out of the way.

Turf bar it is then!

Thanks for your help mate.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Haha, thanks mate. i will most certainly be getting myself a Rebels membership for 2016, i'll just warm into it at first!:)

Thanks for the recommendation, i have been told there's a pub called the College lawn? But wanted to check with the Melbourne rugby faithful to make sure! Going to a pub full of All Blacks could go either way depending on the result but i'm happy to back us in.

Jellic87 welcome to Melbourne. I know you want to warm into Rebels membership but if you get Rebels membership by this Friday you also get priority access to four tickets to Wallabies v England at AAMI next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.