• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovers

Frank Row (1)
Lets hope they get some game time and its not a marketing ploy by the rebels to increase there membership. That's what we Vics want, these boys on the field!
Does anyone know if they are on an EPS contract? or part of the main squad?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Lets hope they get some game time and its not a marketing ploy by the rebels to increase there membership. That's what we Vics want, these boys on the field!
Does anyone know if they are on an EPS contract? or part of the main squad?
I doubt that either of them will see much game time in 2016. They both have fantastic potential though.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)

Earlier in the year, there was a rumour that Harley Fox was training in Melbourne with an eye to switching to hooker. However, in the article it seems clear that he is "really excited to work with fellow back rowers such as Sean McMahon, Scott Fuglistaller and Adam Thomson. The Rebels’ back row competition is really strong, and to learn off all of them will be great", which would seem to put the rumour to bed.

Maybe it was the emergence of Jordan Uelese as a promising prospect at hooker, maybe the attempt was a bust and a decision was made that the backrow is indeed Harley Fox's best fit, or maybe it was a rumour with little substance to it.

Does anyone know?

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Why do we need another hooker? We have Hanson, Siliva and Leafa. Pat may struggle to make the bench, so may go from starting hooker to out of the squad.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, it's been weird in that we haven't heard anything from the Rebels for 2 weeks, where normally we get something from them every couple of days or so.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
according to Rebels Facebook page, currently no major sponsor, just the Melbourne Rebels now.

Are the Rebels no longer sponsored by Rabodirect?

Like · Reply · November 20 at 7:43pm

Melbourne Rebels Hi James. You're right, RaboDirect are no longer a partner. We will just be known as the Melbourne Rebels and have some great partnerships with other sponsors.

Like · Reply · November 20 at 9:04pm

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
according to Rebels Facebook page, currently no major sponsor, just the Melbourne Rebels now.

Are the Rebels no longer sponsored by Rabodirect?

Like · Reply · November 20 at 7:43pm

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xat1/v/t1.0-1/p48x48/1604949_705245536182674_1747946244_n.png?oh=57f19aa1c1876b494cab070c68bcdf17&oe=56F6617B&__gda__=1458035264_fd49d4ff592e3f1540aff64f6dd94c83
Melbourne Rebels Hi James. You're right, RaboDirect are no longer a partner. We will just be known as the Melbourne Rebels and have some great partnerships with other sponsors.

Like · Reply · November 20 at 9:04pm

Nope, that finished up as of this year. Was announced a few months back.

The idea of not having a major sponsor troubles me a little bit. The absence of a naming rights sponsor doesn't phase me at all. I think the need to hook in with a major Victorian brand to get some buy-in to the locals.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels back on the training track
according to their twitter feed, 6 training groups of 6 not counting the two in Japan (Ellison and Thomson)
CUeDq89U8AA8ZY-.jpg

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels back on the training track
according to their twitter feed, 6 training groups of 6 not counting the two in Japan (Ellison and Thomson)

I like the way they use some surnames, some first names and some nicknames, like we tend to do.

Interesting choice of captains. I guess they'll be swapped around a fair bit to spread around the leadership training.

Status
Not open for further replies.