• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've never understood the whole lanyard thing. The membership card is just another card to keep in your wallet.

I guess I might be wrong and some rugby fans might walk around with their drivers license and credit cards in a lanyard during the rest of the week.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Tattoo the membership barcode to your arm, then scan. No need for Wallet or Lanyard.

Until the time this can happen, I'll stick with the Lanyard. Use it it at work, so it doesn't bother me.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
i was thinking we could include a macrame lanyard making sub group with the scarf quilters. some of the more adventurous could evolve into a knitted "card holder" collective

They'll be queuing out the door to join these sub-groups.

T

TOCC

Why bother with a lanyard or having your card in a wallet? You live in Melbourne- isn't that supposed to be the fashion capitol of Australia? Buy a bum bag and put it in there!

Membership cards won't fit in skinny jeans... Hence Rebels fans need lanyards, bumbags are the exclusive look of football fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Membership cards won't fit in skinny jeans. Hence Rebels fans need lanyards, bumbags are the exclusive look of football fans.

Clearly you haven't met the majority of Rebels fans, including myself :)

Skinny jeans, fuck that. Would be quite the sight to see me in those things.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Tattoo the membership barcode to your arm, then scan. No need for Wallet or Lanyard.

Until the time this can happen, I'll stick with the Lanyard. Use it it at work, so it doesn't bother me.
This should = life (of the "franchise") membership.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MEB_

Frank Row (1)
Keeping your membership card in your wallet is annoying when you also have a handbag and have to dig it out every time you leave your seat. It's much easier to just dangle around your neck and be on your merry way!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Badges! We don't need no stinking Badges!

We_don_t_need_no_stinking_badges.gif

T

TOCC

Do the Rebels have a sponsor for 2016 yet?

T

TOCC

That's concerning... The major sponsor accounts for a significant portion of corporate revenue.. The closer it gets to the start of the season the lesser the price the Rebels will be able to demand. That been said, plenty of Aus sporting teams have started the season without a major sponsor

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^^Or get off to a flyer in the first 4 weeks and a higher price can be demanded. The first 4 rounds are crucial, should be able to pick up 3 wins, yes Reds fans I ain't giving you a chance.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Not a major sponsor, but other categories are filled.
Are the other categories filled though?

The "Partners" page on the website is still blank.

Land Rover and Massey Ferguson are listed as platinum partners, BLK and Kingston Tours are also on board. I assume that most of BLK's and Kingston's investment would be in some form of contra.

Yakult seem to have disappeared completely.

2016 Business Memberships aren't available yet.

I hope it doesn't take too long to fill that GM - Commercial role.

Status
Not open for further replies.