• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not quite sure I understand. If Ruru's signing means Stirzacker is on the outer, doesn't that mean Ruru is the designated back-up?

Yes, and well, no. I think Goddard will overtake both Stirzaker and Ruru by season's end. Big call, but he seems to have a very mature head on his shoulders, and all the talent he needs to do so.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not quite sure I understand. If Ruru's signing means Stirzacker is on the outer, doesn't that mean Ruru is the designated back-up?

I personally think Highlander is underestimating how good Ruru was for the Force for last season. He will imo be backup to Genia with your former Rebels Captain likely heading to English shores. Goddard as backup by year end indeed big call and on what I have seen too early a prediction as Ruru very good......good signing yet again....and will prosper again under Wessells with the new combinations...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hanson officially released now. Squad getting smaller.

Hope they have enough players!

And another rugby trash decision, at least in its timing, to another great rugby servant. More Clyne natural consequence of shrinking to superiority.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What's the alternative? Rebels refuse the request from Chibba while maintaining the bloated overflow of the Force's rejects?

D

daz

Pretty sure it wouldn't have mattered Sully. Chibba chose to go to Gloucester, so unless I missed something I'd make the assumption that the Reds wouldn't have got him anyway, regardless of timing.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Siliva Siliva is still in town I think - guess he will be the 3rd hooker behind Uelese & Rangi

You'd think so but his profile has been removed from the Rebels website and the Wiki page has him listed as released. I hope there aren't any plans to sign either Scoble or Tessman after letting him go.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
What's the alternative? Rebels refuse the request from Chibba while maintaining the bloated overflow of the Force's rejects?

Hey Tex, Chibba DID NOT request release first, Rebels told him to nick off as he would be no 3 hooker, and not much playing time. Too late for the Reds, they are full of hookers! And don't worry there are a couple more of last years regulars that have been put into the same position.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Ladies/Gents, obviously pleasing everyone was never going to be easy, so I have made the executive decision to follow a bastardised version of the famous advice - "Build it and they will come. Or not".

So, details of the GAGR (Melbourne Chapter) Christmas Drinks 2017: Crafty Squire Pub, 127 RUSSELL ST, MELBOURNE. Lunch Booking on level 2 for 1:30pm Saturday 16th Dec.

Invite will also go out to Dave Wessels.

I have made an initial booking, but please RSVP on this thread only, so I can get an idea for final head count. Plus, I can weed out the undesirables!

Hi Daz thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Saturday. Enjoy the afternoon.

D

daz

And don't worry there are a couple more of last years regulars that have been put into the same position.

Sure. But those Rebels players have been replaced by higher caliber players. I’m sure most Rebels supporters wish those moving on all the best, but that’s pro sport. A winning team is what it’s all about.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well you'd think that the following are in the frame - for an early release
Stirzaker
one or both of Toolis and Jeffries
Jordy Reid
one or both of Shipperley and Fou
Weeks

5 more gets them down to 39 all of them down to 37.

of course they may follow the example set by the Reds and just ask them to tarin with their club sides :)
actually didnt see Jeffries this morning, Toolis, Stirzaker, Weeks, Fou, Shipperley all there.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
well you'd think that the following are in the frame - for an early release
Stirzaker
one or both of Toolis and Jeffries
Jordy Reid
one or both of Shipperley and Fou
Weeks

5 more gets them down to 39 all of them down to 37.

of course they may follow the example set by the Reds and just ask them to tarin with their club sides :)
Jordy is with out a contract. His rehab would be covered by work cover like any other injury in the work place.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
ps watching them train this morning, everyone working really hard. the rehab group getting absolutely flogged with shuttle runs and sprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.