• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Ladies/Gents, obviously pleasing everyone was never going to be easy, so I have made the executive decision to follow a bastardised version of the famous advice - "Build it and they will come. Or not".

So, details of the GAGR (Melbourne Chapter) Christmas Drinks 2017: Crafty Squire Pub, 127 RUSSELL ST, MELBOURNE. Lunch Booking on level 2 for 1:30pm Saturday 16th Dec.

Invite will also go out to Dave Wessels.

I have made an initial booking, but please RSVP on this thread only, so I can get an idea for final head count. Plus, I can weed out the undesirables!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Ladies/Gents, obviously pleasing everyone was never going to be easy, so I have made the executive decision to follow a bastardised version of the famous advice - "Build it and they will come. Or not".

So, details of the GAGR (Melbourne Chapter) Christmas Drinks 2017: Crafty Squire Pub, 127 RUSSELL ST, MELBOURNE. Lunch Booking on level 2 for 1:30pm Saturday 16th Dec.

I have made an initial booking, but please RSVP on this thread only, so I can get an idea for final head count. Plus, I can weed out the undesirables!

Good leadership! I can't attend, but have a ripper time gents.

D

daz

Good leadership! I can't attend, but have a ripper time gents.

Sorry to hear that Tex, was looking forward to swapping stories. Hopefully next year success will bring more pre-game social activities!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so really interesting watching the vid of the Rebels forwards training under Joe Barakat today. Lots of wider training group (red tops) including Angus Cottrel and Kane Koteka., lots of other unfamiliar faces and names too. The Rebellious Force must have about 50+ on their books. One assumes that the ARU is picking up the tab for all the ex Force players without a new franchise.
/www.facebook.com/melbournerebels/videos/1931888050185077/

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
yeh well that's it, I'm pretty sure they still get paid/paid out and so can still train with the rebels. I imagine quite a few will wait for Super Rugby and/or the northern comps to end so they can find new homes as it was all a bit too late for them to look elsewhere

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I know Ed Jenkins (Randwick 2nd Rower, 1st grade) is down there on a short-term contract whilst Parling / Coleman are away from the squad.

To have opposed rolling mauls as in the video they probably simply need the numbers.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

I'm in Daz.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry to hear that Tex, was looking forward to swapping stories. Hopefully next year success will bring more pre-game social activities!

Such a crazy time of the year! I'll make sure I pull my finger out and come down for a Friday warm up in 2018.

D

daz

Raru signs. That has got to be the final nail for Stirzaker.

From captain to not good enough to make the extended squad, in a matter of weeks. Ouch.

Still, having said that, and not wanting to walk over the guy, that is a good thing for us.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Sorry, GMR is out for this one. Enjoy, lads!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm sure Stirzaker will complete his law degree at an ivy league college and go on to a long and successful career, and good luck to him. A few seasons of professional rugby as a young man would give you memories and connections for life.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he was born in England wasn't he?

To SAF parents? Has he played 7s at all?

Qualification for England has appeal surely. Perhaps less so SAF

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

I should be in. Will confirm later.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ruru's signing has really just moved Stirzaker's planning a few months forward for mine: will not be surprised to see Goddard be Genia's backup by seasons end.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Ruru's signing has really just moved Stirzaker's planning a few months forward for mine: will not be surprised to see Goddard be Genia's backup by seasons end.

Not quite sure I understand. If Ruru's signing means Stirzacker is on the outer, doesn't that mean Ruru is the designated back-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.