• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Didn't Hodge spend some time at 15 in his first season at the Rebels and go alright? There's a difference between moving into 15 half way through a game (particularly when the opposition's game plan is to just send up kicks for a soaring genetic wonder who probably drops only a handful of balls a season) and going into the game at 15 familiar with the structure and role. Having said that I would play Maddocks at 15 but I don't think Hodge can be relegated to "can't play 15" basket just yet.

D

daz

Clearly, English and Maddocks went to the same hairdresser before the 'Tahs match.

Looks like the bit of hair that contained their talent was chopped off.

Hope it grows back in time for the Sharks game this week.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't think it's that Hodge can't play 15 but more so that he holds particular value in the front line defensive system with his impressive tackle technique and talk. Hodge is a capable 15 but maybe to fit all the pieces well 12 could be his best position at this stage. I would also have to agree re English, he has really impressed me this year. I was previously under the impression that he was quite one dimensional but he looks really good at outside centre.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Do you know for certain who paid for John Eren to be in Japan? With Japan Airlines recently starting direct flights to Melbourne a big part of the trip was to meet with potential trade partners to Victoria. He (and his assistant) may have been there as a guest of JAL. Also discussions with current and potential future sponsors for the Rebels took place. Not everything is a junket.
happy reading
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/03/20/10/13/hanson-given-30-000-in-free-flights

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seriously? Relevance?

You've made some ridiculous speculation and then trying to relate it to complelety unrelated things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hodge played a fair bit of fullback in 2016 on his way to earning Wallaby selection didn't he? He would have also played a few games there last year wouldn't he?

I think it was just a bad game. I don't think it was because he has no idea what to do at fullback.

Didn't he also play 10, centre and 15 in his Wallaby debut?

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Oh god, I’ve always wanted to bring out my inner Inigo Montoya and say this:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:D

Hehehe ... like the time I went to a Greek Orthodox wedding and had to use "It's all Greek to me". Unfortunately, the couple only lasted a couple of years but I did get to annoy lots of people.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Oh god, I’ve always wanted to bring out my inner Inigo Montoya and say this:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:D
Damn it! I was tired and just let my iPhone do it’s thing! Either way, now I’ve edited it it looks like you don’t know what YOU are saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.