• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess Tom Moloney is going to have to start looking for another job now.

He and Metcher never really got much of a chance.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
You win some you lose some. Metcher just always seemed injured: while Moloney looked competent but never really threatened Ah-Nau for that bench place, then Fereti came over the top by seizing his opportunity.

That group of front rowers is particularly solid though: and if Coleman/Haylett-Petty/Hardwick join the party that creates a lot of both top line quality and depth: ideal for providing guys like Sefa, Koroibete and Hodge the front foot ball they can use so well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Wishing Alex Toolis all the best. He injured his neck again in Rising game and left the field in an ambulance.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
That group of front rowers is particularly solid though: and if Coleman/Haylett-Petty/Hardwick join the party that creates a lot of both top line quality and depth: ideal for providing guys like Sefa, Koroibete and Hodge the front foot ball they can use so well.

If you end up with a lineup of
1. Daley
2. Uelese
3. Talakai
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. HP
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Naivalu
12. Horwitz
13. Tuipulotu
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge

16. Hanson
17. Faulkner
18. Weeks
19. Cummins
20. Hardwick
21. Stirzaker
22. McGregor
23. Maddocks

Then I reckon you're in business.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
No LT?
If you end up with a lineup of
1. Daley
2. Uelese
3. Talakai
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. HP
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Naivalu
12. Horwitz
13. Tuipulotu
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge

16. Hanson
17. Faulkner
18. Weeks
19. Cummins
20. Hardwick
21. Stirzaker
22. McGregor
23. Maddocks

Then I reckon you're in business.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Also interesting that you've dumped English Entirely.

Regardless, I reckon we can look at the typical Force backline of:

9. Ruru
10. Lance
11. Peni
12. Meakes
13. Rona
14. Morahan
15. DHP

Then if we get Lance, Meakes & DHP as suggested, it potentially looks like this:

9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Naivalu
14. Hodge
15. DHP

With Stirzaker, Horwitz and English (providing the best/most experienced cover across 10-14) potentially on the bench, with Goddard, McGregor, Tuipulotu and Maddocks (maybe Henry) breathing down their necks.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i'm not too fussed if DHP goes elsewhere. Maddocks does not look at all out of place in Super Rugby. If DHP comes then Hodge should go to outside centre (Mortlock #2) with the two Fijians on the wings. The injury gods will no doubt play a continuing role in selection.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Also interesting that you've dumped English Entirely.

Regardless, I reckon we can look at the typical Force backline of:

9. Ruru
10. Lance
11. Peni
12. Meakes
13. Rona
14. Morahan
15. DHP

Then if we get Lance, Meakes & DHP as suggested, it potentially looks like this:

9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Naivalu
14. Hodge
15. DHP

With Stirzaker, Horwitz and English (providing the best/most experienced cover across 10-14) potentially on the bench, with Goddard, McGregor, Tuipulotu and Maddocks (maybe Henry) breathing down their necks.

I agree about English for a bench spot, he can cover 13, 14 and 15
Horwitz can cover 10 and 12.
I would really like to see Hodge at 13 and keep Sefa on the wing.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
personally i'm not too fussed if DHP goes elsewhere. Maddocks does not look at all out of place in Super Rugby. If DHP comes then Hodge should go to outside centre (Mortlock #2) with the two Fijians on the wings. The injury gods will no doubt play a continuing role in selection.

Yeah but, we'd be mad to say no to a bloke of DH-P's quality if we can get him. Although, if it came to a choice between him and Coleman, due to salary cap or whatever, I know which one we need more.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think with Cummins, Parling, Toolis & Coleman, (hopfully) and with Jeffries (injured?) being replaced by giant youngsters Ha'angana and Maufou, you guys are pretty set for lock - (oh and Timani can play there if you guys get RHP as a 6).

10's will probably be Lance, Horwitz and Mcgregor so not the worst, better then last year.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Payto and Panda speculate that Merlin may return to Melbourne as early as 2019.

The culling prevent it this time around, but never say never.

And, looks like he's gonna be a dad again. Well done!

THE Super Rugby downsizing saga that swamped 2017 scuttled the possibility of Luke Jones returning to Australian rugby - for now, at least.

Jones is back in Australia this week after securing a release from his French club Bordeaux to play for the Barbarians against the Wallabies.

With a young daughter and a son due next February, Jones told us he’d been keen to return to Melbourne next year and to try to add to his three Wallabies caps.

Former Wallaby Luke Jones (left) says he won’t be returning to Australian rugby despite interest from the Rebels.

He spoke with the Rebels but with contractual uncertainty still swirling in the wake of the ARU’s decision to shut down the Force, a deal couldn’t be done in time and Jones recently extended at Bordeaux until 2019. He is now looking at the options to make a return before the 2019 World Cup, and a late selection bid a la Dean Mumm in 2015.

“I am definitely keen to come back at some point. It’s nice to hear that the door is open and if the opportunity presented itself, then yeah, I would come back,” Jones said.

“It is something that I will eventually do but it’s just a timing thing. Sometimes it doesn’t all line up as you’d like it to.

“Melbourne is where we will end up long-term. We love Melbourne.”

Jones said the tough French competition had made him a better player and there’s little doubt Australian rugby could do with a few more jumping no.6s.

Now, where's my speculation salt. Need to spread some.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/2df79d76cec18c2d5daf2eae40bf4c0a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
never under estimate the power of a mother in law

Under estimate at your own peril!

Generally speaking, there is very little that can replace a family network, for supporting a you d family. Especially when two children are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.