• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Slipper and Cooper has been on and off for a few months. I'm only going off media articles, but nothing has been finalised yet.

Betting man says they will come here as the wage will mostly be covered by RA, so it will fit under our salary cap.

Cooper might only stick around for a season, wait for his RA contract to end, then head to Japan for some serious yen. Good coverage until To'omua return to Super Rugby in 2020 (effectively).

Slipper, dunno. We do have a chunk of good props, but competition never hurts. Assuming he will play at LHP, we'll be well stacked on both sides.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Another Centre? Wow, better get the QLD Reds priority gate fired up at Melbourne airport again. Cheika must be keen to have him in the frame for RWC 2019.

If Campbell does move to Melbourne, sounds like we will have to make room in our midfield stocks. Who would be the most likely to move on? Sefa, Tuipolotu?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think our midfield is that stocked, it's out wide where we could help the other franchises by shedding a player or two.

Namely Sefa i believe should be encouraged to head to the Tahs to replace TN.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Sione and Sefa are both contracted for next season. Tom is not.

I would hate for any of those guys to leave, especially English. But Sefa looks to me like a bloke whose confidence is shot. He might benefit from a change of scenery.

I wonder if Magnay is a better player than any of our other mid-fielders, Meakes, English, Hodge, To'omua, or Tuipulotu?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sione needs to be playing every week to take his game to the next level. He's started the NRC in a fairly solid manner without setting the world on fire, so i guess that's a start. Would love to keep him but if he needs to move to take it to the next level i wouldn't begrudge him.

I'd definitely look to move Sefa as he could provide some great value to any of the other 3 franchises, English as well would do a fantastic job at a place like the Reds with that young backline. If people had to go, i'd rather lose them than the likes of Tuipulotu or Semisi Tupou. Something has to give if Magnay were to come in.

I still can't believe we let McGregor go

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Might just be an opportunity to lock in Magnay (if it's for more than 1 year) in the expectation that there will be a mad dash for available players when the inevitable post-WC exodus starts. Rebels probably preparing to lose some in 2020, so locking some in now for 2021 whilst they have the chance.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't mind JOC (James O'Connor), hes not actually a bad guy. His problem is he can be a bit of a follower tho, needs to go somewhere with strong leadership and needs to realise he's a wing/fullback. On saying that, the Rebels of all teams need him the least with our outside backs stocks. Would be a better fit on the wing for the Brumbies or wing/fullback for the Tahs, both places he hasn't got any history.

Status
Not open for further replies.