• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
He looks like he has turned it around off the field. I wouldn’t be against giving him a go but he probably isn’t a great fit for us as we have a strong backline

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
What position has he been playing, and is he currently off contract? If 10, and not contracted could be a good temporary signing until Matt To'omua arrives. At least if it all went sour we would have an end date on it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Welcome, Brad and Hugh.

Hugh - I understand. We need a 3rd rake to partner with Jordan (if he recovers in time) and Arana. I guess Nathan is back off to Bath, and the feeder stocks are a little bare. High probably thought he wasn't going to advance past Tolu and Damian.

Brad - another backrower? Gee, that's a lot on our book. Kills any faint hope of Sean McMahon joining his bestie Cambell Mangay in Melbourne.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good to see Roach is finally announced, been in the works for a few week’s. Wilkin I have not much idea about, so I’ll wait and see. Was happy with Charles but Roach is also a good player. Could be a good resource off the bench against certain opponents with his energy and ability to run the ball.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Charles was never a long-term option. I get the feeling he was doing a solid for Dave when Jordan went down with a season-ending injury. Interesting we've only signed him for a year.

From a quick flick of Wilkin's IG post, he's had a tough time with injuries. I assume he's injury free now, otherwise, we wouldn't have signed him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wilkin had a strong U20s season leading to the Worlds' a couple of years ago, but hasn't been outstanding in the NRC so far this year.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Roach is a good addition, hopefully Wilkin turns out alright. TBH though, if we were going to pick up a low cost back rower then why not Tupai?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Roach was very good when the Tahs played against the Crusaders and he basically went 80 after Fitzpatrick got injured. Also had a great season for Eastwood. Good pickup for the Rebels.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't mind JOC (James O'Connor), hes not actually a bad guy. His problem is he can be a bit of a follower tho, needs to go somewhere with strong leadership and needs to realise he's a wing/fullback. On saying that, the Rebels of all teams need him the least with our outside backs stocks. Would be a better fit on the wing for the Brumbies or wing/fullback for the Tahs, both places he hasn't got any history.

interesting point...the word from the high castle was that JOC (James O'Connor) was usually the leader of the bunch...

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Wilkin pulled a hammy in Shute Shield GF.

He's a gun young man, really good fella. Tupai was playing 2nd Grade for a struggling Randwick side this year. They are on different levels.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Rebels major sponsor , Legacy Property and Investment group, noted on ASIC as "strike off action in progress" - what does that mean in terms of next year's sponsors? Any one heard any thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.