• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jones is a lock who can play 6 in a pinch.

The wallabies need him at lock not at backrow.

Especially with Dempsey and naisarani being available for the wallabies next year.

Also we have the raining rupa 6 on the team in Cottrel

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Not sure how I feel about that. We do need a decent flyhalf and do believe QC (Quade Cooper) has matured, just still burnt from the JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) experience.

Agreed, but worth the risk I think, plus he'll be trying even harder to keep his nose clean with it being world cup year

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
To be fair you should’ve been disappointed this year.
I was very disappointed to miss finals, we can not repeat that. I don’t care that we haven’t played finals before we have to demand success anything but should be considered a fail.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Jones is a lock who can play 6 in a pinch.

The wallabies need him at lock not at backrow.

Especially with Dempsey and naisarani being available for the wallabies next year.

Also we have the raining rupa 6 on the team in Cottrel
Jones is a 6 who plays lock, never should have been left in the 2nd row. Wallabies have not had a decent 6 since Fardy left and need to get a balanced back row.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jones is a 6 who plays lock, never should have been left in the 2nd row. Wallabies have not had a decent 6 since Fardy left and need to get a balanced back row.

He was put at lock due to a lack of locks. One of the problems with Australian Rugby - robbing Peter to pay Paul. It’s just filling gaps.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Salary cap anyone?
Yeah, we just lost 2 marque players plus, Colby, Jordy, JD, Shipperly, Hutchinson, Pau. On the back of McMahon, Stirzaker, Smith, Inman, Placid to name a few from last season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah, we just lost 2 marque players plus, Colby, Jordy, JD, Shipperly, Hutchinson, Pau. On the back of McMahon, Stirzaker, Smith, Inman, Placid to name a few from last season.

Can we put a pinned post about the salary cap at the top of the page so we can skip these weekly inquests?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Koroibete on board for 2019.

aff7cf4370fe47ad3da907b53ea7d5cc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great news, although i suspect the 1 year deal indicates hes considering heading north after the world cup or even back to league.

Status
Not open for further replies.