• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cheika was furious about both of those signings. That's what lead him to put his foot down about Veitokani

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Cheika is not my president.

Exactly. Cheika is the national coach, past his use by date but at the very worst to be replaced after the RWC. At this stage, he should have no say in the makeup of the Super rosters, especially given his extremely poor record in selecting players for the Wallabies where form seems to count for nothing against his many favourites.

"Cheika was furious..". Ha! I wish he was furious enough to walk away from our national team. He has no right to be furious but we, the fans, have every right to be furious about the way he has brought the Wallabies to such a low level of ineptitude.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Former Hawthorn AFL player Kurt Heatherley has started a two week trial with the Rebels. Heatherley is from NZ originally. When younger he used to play outside centre or fullback. (Not sure we need another back).

Kurt was just interviewed on radio show the Breakfast Club on RSN 927 AM.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Former Hawthorn AFL player Kurt Heatherley has started a two week trial with the Rebels. Heatherley is from NZ originally. When younger he used to play outside centre or fullback. (Not sure we need another back).

Kurt was just interviewed on radio show the Breakfast Club on RSN 927 AM.

whether he makes it or not, some good publicity here in AFLand.

B

Bobby Sands

You would have to be imagine he will be hard pressed to make the Harlequins.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Wilson’s can be very generous sponsors if the sport tickles their fancy. Have a look at their involvement in motor racing and the Aussie V8s.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Izaia Perese moving to Broncos and Reds signing Sefa is what SMH is reporting today :(
Well that's pretty fucked. I would get it if we were picking up someone like Slipper in exchange but giving up a player of Sefa's quality for nothing is bullshit.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well that's pretty fucked. I would get it if we were picking up someone like Slipper in exchange but giving up a player of Sefa's quality for nothing is bullshit.

Im a fan of Sefa, but i don't think hes that much of a loss to us in the long run. In my eyes its better for the Wallabies he gets some game time and makes the Reds a little bit better, which is a positive for Aus rugby. But overall its a positive for the Rebels that it might finally stop the nonsense that we are dodging the cap and secondly it will give Semisi Tupou more opportunities, hes someone with immense potential. Agreed it would of been nice to try and get Slipper for him if this happened a few months ago.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Disagree, I would have a in form Sefa ahead of Koroibete any day of the week. Yes, his had his fair share of injuries but his been awesome when fit and so dangerous in a little bit of space.

Also confirmed on Rebels twitter just now.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Alas Super Sefa is confirmed. Rebels have announced they have agreed to a release so he can join another Aussie Super Rugby team.

Status
Not open for further replies.