• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
2019 home jersey

50589173_2627198063987402_8905012018445025280_n.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've always found the older jerseys a lot more forgiving for the more full-figured Rugby fan, so still wear mine regularly to matches. It's seen better days tho...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Does anyone have news on this Jack Hayson fella? He's training at the moment with the Rebels, I think he played with the Rays in the NRC?

Also, I know Parling moved on as a player, but has he stayed with the Rebels in any coaching capacity?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hayson looked pretty good in the few games I saw him play, amongst a pretty terrible Rays Team.

Yes Parling is coaching.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Does anyone have news on this Jack Hayson fella? He's training at the moment with the Rebels, I think he played with the Rays in the NRC?

Also, I know Parling moved on as a player, but has he stayed with the Rebels in any coaching capacity?
Don't know much, but video suggests his a promising 7 who is leaving NSW in hope of a contract/game time.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
What's Joe doing?

Read he was just chilling with his fam in Queensland. He was one of the top candidates for the Wallabies Forwards job - which went to the no-name random Fijian coz Cheika liked 'his attitude'.

Hoping that Bakarat will be the man post WC when they flick that coach.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Adam is up for renewal at the end of 2019, so no doubt his management team are shopping for offers. He's a young guy, young family, so you can never rule out a move for more cash.

Having said that, I think it really unlikely he will move overseas as RA will ahve him in their long terms plans. 2023 world Cup, future Captain perhaps?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Adam is up for renewal at the end of 2019, so no doubt his management team are shopping for offers. He's a young guy, young family, so you can never rule out a move for more cash.

Having said that, I think it really unlikely he will move overseas as RA will ahve him in their long terms plans. 2023 world Cup, future Captain perhaps?
Think you are right, he'll get a decent top-up which will probably be enough to match any OS offers, but he'd want to not replicate 2018 too often else there won't be too many more big money offers

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Probably not Captain, Hoopers around for the foreseeable future, I don't know there ages currently but I would guess they where close so don't see Coleman actually getting a gig.. shame he could probably be good.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

A winning season from the Rebels wouldn't hurt either.

We have a lot of blokes coming off contract at the end of this year. A successful season might help keep a core group of players at the club a bit longer.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probably not Captain, Hoopers around for the foreseeable future, I don't know there ages currently but I would guess they where close so don't see Coleman actually getting a gig.. shame he could probably be good.

except with a new coach next year the status quo may not remain, particularly (as many of us predict) we crash out at the RWC.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
except with a new coach next year the status quo may not remain, particularly (as many of us predict) we crash out at the RWC.

Agree. Hooper will likely not be the Captain at the end of his contract, or even perhaps after RWC this year. it's not bagging the guy, it's just to note the natural transition of leadership roles within a sporting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.