• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yes, some of the info seems not to have been checked. This is from the bio on Angus Cottrell: "Originally a member of the Rugby League family, Cottrell made the conversion to Union after being spotted by the Western Force playing for the Brisbane Bulldogs in the NRL in 2012."

Wests Bulldogs might not be happy that their claims to development of the player have been taken by a non-existent NRL side!

His grandad Nev would be rolling in his grave!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Correct. Mortlock scored the try at the northern (MCG) end of AAMI Park. It wasn't the winning try, just the only Rebels try. Danny Cipriani scored the winning points for the Rebels, a lovely penalty goal with about 2min to spare.

the penalty came after a scrum collapse that resulted in "handbags" between the front rows, very soft pen from Jaco Peyper Jonothan Kaplan (easy mistake ) if i recall. Much appreciated however. Mortlock's try came from a Coper Vuna hail mary.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
KO, over the Brumbies? Mortlock scored the winning try? Or is that just my poor memory?
Yep that's the one, I considered wearing my Brumbies jersey after the performance the week before.

That was a good Brumbies side on paper, just could not get it together on the field.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes, some of the info seems not to have been checked. This is from the bio on Angus Cottrell: "Originally a member of the Rugby League family, Cottrell made the conversion to Union after being spotted by the Western Force playing for the Brisbane Bulldogs in the NRL in 2012."

Wests Bulldogs might not be happy that their claims to development of the player have been taken by a non-existent NRL side!
I would never have noticed that. As far as I'm concerned all NRL clubs are basically non-existent ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep that's the one, I considered wearing my Brumbies jersey after the performance the week before.

That was a good Brumbies side on paper, just could not get it together on the field.

The year of Real Madrid comparisons if I recall correctly. Giteau's influence that year was sufficient for me, for one, to never want to see him back in the Brumbies' (or Wallabies) camp ever.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Two full pages of rugby articles and adds (not league) in the Herald Sun today. Its unheard of. Sponsored content?

Whatever it is, that's fantastic. Every tiny fraction of the huge Melbourne market Rugby gains is a massive win. Either we have rich benefactors, a better marketing strategy or Herald Sun is responding to what the readers want. (that last one is a bit ambitious).

Status
Not open for further replies.