• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
No - link?
No link but this is the Facebook post...

FACILITIES UPGRADE
Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus joined Higgins candidate Fiona McLeod, Rebels Chairman Paul Docherty and Rugby Victoria Chairman Tim North to announce a proposed $1,000,000 upgrade to club facilities for MRUFC Unicorns this morning.
The dignitaries were treated to a sunny morning of rugby at a packed Orrong Romanis Reserve, highlighting the need for additional facility requirements with playing numbers growing rapidly.
#GrassrootsRugby

Tex

John Thornett (49)
How good is it when your safe seat goes marginal! Glad that it's a Labor promise, given the likely direction of the election

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How good is it when your safe seat goes marginal! Glad that it's a Labor promise, given the likely direction of the election

It's bloody beautiful isn't it. Haven't had attention in yonks. Noticed also in Chisholm that Jennifer Yang is promising Boxhill Rugby Union $750,000 of upgrades. Has someone marked rugby supporters as swing voters.

Now that Higgins is getting a bit of love, it'd be grand if we could get rid of those two infernal level crossings at Tooronga and Glenferrie.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
It's bloody beautiful isn't it. Haven't had attention in yonks. Noticed also in Chisholm that Jennifer Yang is promising Boxhill Rugby Union $750,000 of upgrades. Has someone marked rugby supporters as swing voters.

Now that Higgins is getting a bit of love, it'd be grand if we could get rid of those two infernal level crossings at Tooronga and Glenferrie.

I think the libs have earmarked them as priority projects, then rebuffed by andrews govt.

Re. rugby as swinging voters, it's probably more to do with the boardroom brigades being active members of both parties haha.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Very. I thought Reece played well once QC (Quade Cooper) went off. Both he and DHP stepped up and the re-balancing of the backline actually worked well. Hopefully Quade gets well soon but it would be good for team balance and his health if he has a proper rest. It's one thing to have a 10 of his caliber but it counts for shit when he goes down and there's no-one able to step in at short notice.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
When and where is it played?
I’ll answer my own question.

It’s pre bulls game on Friday. So will be around 5pm kick off.

Side will consist mainly of Dewar Shield players and Rebels fringe players, so a nice reward for the locals

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I just noticed that we are out of the magic 8 - is the season over (again)?:mad:
I think it's a bit early to call "season over" - but - we need a pretty healthy win this weekend. Need a BP and to bank some positive points differential.

This season does have a bit of the same stench as 2018 about it though :(

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So, where does the blame train stop? As everyone keeps saying, Rebels have a very impressive roster. Is this is far as Wessels can go as a coach?

Has he ever actually coached a successful team or just one that does better than expected for a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.