• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rebels major sponsor , Legacy Property and Investment group, noted on ASIC as "strike off action in progress" - what does that mean in terms of next year's sponsors? Any one heard any thing?

It probably means its good they have an actual Commercial team in place this year.

Snowy

Frank Nicholson (4)
So what does that mean for
The partnership with Legacy Property and Investment Group includes:
  • Financial support through the Legacy Elite Rugby Academy to the pathway for young players of Pacific Island and non-Pacific Island heritage from the grassroots level through to the top-flight Super Rugby and international arenas
  • Funding for Rugby Victoria’s Quilt Program – a revolutionary initiative in support of a zero-tolerance approach to domestic violence against women - and the $30k fine for Mafi and Timani
  • Contribution to the development of the State Centre for Rugby at Bundoora in partnership with La Trobe University, which will include purpose-built facilities for the delivery of Pacific Islander inclusion, social connection and education programs
  • Supporting the ongoing growth of existing pathway programs in schools (such as Fountain Gate Secondary College) to align with the Legacy Academy and Quilt Program
  • Hope it was a front ended contract oh well you got 5 months out of them at least the force did better out of firepower -i hope it doesn't mean they are going under

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I think it has always been pretty clear for those who actually took the time to understand that Legacy weren’t putting money into the Rebels, just into community programs. It’s sad for those programs, but won’t impact the Rebels. This is no Firepower situation.

Snowy

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think it has always been pretty clear for those who actually took the time to understand that Legacy weren’t putting money into the Rebels, just into community programs. It’s sad for those programs, but won’t impact the Rebels. This is no Firepower situation.

Sorry Stoff are you saying that the rebels had no sponsor this year or lined up for the next as front and back of jersey sponsors but had handed over those spots on their jumpers to a mob supporting community programs ? We also never got a $$ on any of that apart from the $30K from Mafi / Timani "gave " to the Quilt program - if it ever got there

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
It wasn't so much that I didn't take the time to understand what Legacy were doing, it was more that I couldn't find their website or their contact details or anything at all about them except the limited press release from the Rebels website and that did not clearly state that the sponsorship was not $$. Thanks for the update though.

Snowy

Frank Nicholson (4)
It wasn't so much that I didn't take the time to understand what Legacy were doing, it was more that I couldn't find their website or their contact details or anything at all about them except the limited press release from the Rebels website and that did not clearly state that the sponsorship was not $$. Thanks for the update though.

Same with the Quilt program can not even find a website for it or anything on the vic rugby or rebels sites about it

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If people want a run down of how the rebels have and will fit players into the cap.

Two words List Management, the rebels have done the greatest job in list management of all the Super sides, it should be an eye opener how they have done it for the other states. For starters, several players have and will remain on the roster due to the Japanese deals been wheeled out, essentially this has been a win/win/win for all parties. A win/win for the rebels who are only paying 6/7 months of salary, likewise the Japanese clubs and a win for the players who receive higher salaries than they would just playing super rugby plus the lack of football played by squad members in the average super season avoids player burn out (due to the shortish nature of the Super Rugby season, it’s actually a big issue for ‘squad’ players to remain in the Australian game because they feel several years of a short career can be wasted with minimal opportunities etc.). RHP, Talakai, Jeffries, Parling etc combined are taking up roughly the wage of 2 super rugby salaries instead of 4. For next season To'omua and Jones are both in on a pro-rata basis, To'omua for example will only be paid 6/7 months of salary next season by the Rebels. Quade I don’t know the specifics but it’s believed a portion of his wage will be subsidized by QLD. Naisarani isn’t on as much as some expect, his short deal opens bargaining power once he’s in the wallabies Squad. There is a few other things helping like the lack of politics, even the travel and time saved to and from training due to the accessibility and location (half the squad train it to work each day) etc. There is still a few potential moving parts due to players moving on freeing up some cap space.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

The trick was you had to stare at front of the Rebels jersey, tilt your head slightly left, squint hard and you can clearly see its a cleverly hidden capital "R" and capital "A". The 2019 RA logo will be in a special ink that can only be seen under blacklight. It might be hard to see, but we all know its there! :p

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Ok , I know the wallabies lost but next year , with nine wallabies in our team , I have a feeling that we will be the team to beat - at very long last .

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What is it?

15 DHP
14 Maddocks
13 Magney
12 Hodges (until To'omua)
11 Koroibete
10 Cooper (likely)
9 Genia

8 Nasirani