• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I did not know sorry, I always thought quins had close to the best set up though

They have a fantastic set-up, but the ground does get a lot of use. The heavy traffic contributes to the fairly dry surface.

Touch Football is played there all over summer, with the usual assortment of dog trainers and golfers that contribute to overuse..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force to hit the gym for stretching and activation work on Sunday I believe. Is this a common game-day practice?
I don't think there's a consensus what the best gym work is on game day. I read the Crusaders would do heavy lifting weights the morning of a game (low volume). I've never heard anyone else recommending that - who knows.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think there's a consensus what the best gym work is on game day. I read the Crusaders would do heavy lifting weights the morning of a game (low volume). I've never heard anyone else recommending that - who knows.
I would go with that high weight and low reps

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lukas Ripley and David Vaihu were two shining lights for us last year. Had break out years and now they can’t make the 15, not sure what’s going on.

I know Vaihu played mainly 11 and now we have Monty there but there is the right wing.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I would prefer Hodge at 12 or 15 than 13 which is a really hard position to read defensively so not great for a jack of all trades.
I also would rather see Tuttle start over Louwrens as I think he plays a faster more simple game.
Get to the breakdown, get it out and make a simple accurate pass all done with speed.
That is how to put pressure on the defense.
I fear tomorrow night could get ugly.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would prefer Hodge at 12 or 15 than 13 which is a really hard position to read defensively so not great for a jack of all trades.
I also would rather see Tuttle start over Louwrens as I think he plays a faster more simple game.
Get to the breakdown, get it out and make a simple accurate pass all done with speed.
That is how to put pressure on the defense.
I fear tomorrow night could get ugly.
Ugly? Against the Canes? Never!
(Insert scared emoji here)

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels announce major sponsors CyberCX, had a quick google of these guys and they look actually semi legit and may be still solvent next season, not just one of Baden investment shells. Go Rebels
To the best of my knowledge they are entirely legit and if they're not solvent next season that will cause me all sorts of headaches.