• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Highlanders Rd 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Talking about Jones, how I would love to see a Wobbs back piggy five of 4. Horwill 5. MMM 6. Jones 7. Anybody 8. Higginbum. Seriously, they would go like buggery.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last night I was at the game and witnessed what I can only describe as 40 minutes of rugby where 22 blokes went out and played for each other. They left nothing out on the park but blood, sweat and tears. Since round 10, this group of players, no mater what off field distractions have been thrown at them, have shown that even though sometimes their games are not perfect (trust me, ive done my fair share of screaming at them for silly basic mistakes) they have never lacked in one area....HEART! They have finally become a team that want to play for each other, for their fans and for themselves. Since day one I have always been proud to be a Rebels member. But after last night, this is now ingrained in me forever. The heart and courage they showed last night is what I love about this game and I hope that ever supporter can experience it with whom ever they support.

I'm a realist, I don't expect the Rebels to win a Super Rugby title next year, or for a few years for that fact. But what I do hope is that they have won the growing respect of other rugby teams and their fans. In this fans eyes, they have deserved it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Fox sports commentators said that he would be back "later this year". They also said that he had had a remedial op on his hip.
I meant the other Scott :). He went off after and was replaced by Jordy (who had a good game too)

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
Finally caught the replay then. Luke Jones was absolutely superb - MOTM in my opinion.

After reading a few opinions on here, I was surprised how little JOC (James O'Connor) actually did on the ground...

BTW, does anyone know what the rectangular box shaped thing on the back of the Rebels jersey is? Is it like a GPS or something they've got on the players, or am I going crazy?

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
BTW, does anyone know what the rectangular box shaped thing on the back of the Rebels jersey is? Is it like a GPS or something they've got on the players, or am I going crazy?

I've seen them on a few teams jerseys this season. My money would be on some sort of tracker.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)

Wales Fan - No he is not Welsh, he is a North Harbourian. His full name is Prestwick-Smythe-Jones, like any true North Harborian. Jones is simply used as their commoner name. Get yer mitts off him!

Lol, fair enough.:p
Great game to watch for the neutral though, chuffed the Rebels came back so well.
Nice to see Delvey going out on a high too, top player. My big regret is never seeing the big guy at his best in a Wales shirt.
Saw him a few times as he was breaking through in senior rugby & he was breathtakingly good. So much pace for a big guy. Unfortunately countless knee & shoulder problems took away that blistering pace but he's still a tough competitor at 8.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If Higgers didn't get injured what would our back row have looked like?

Under Deans I think Higgers would have locked in the six ahead of Mowen though Palu retained. It would have been justified on experience rightly or wrongly.

Moving into the era of the new coach I think Palu will be put out to pasture. No disrespect meant to him though I see Link thinking ahead and Palu's injury history will not help his cause. Not being able to remain fit let alone match fit is a big problem for the big fella. In the more present I see Link working with what he has and he has options to fill the six spot. Higgers I think will factor in Links long term plans and return when fit.

Mowens retention hinges around what Link has planned at lock and who controls the lineout. Mowen's form I think will keep him in the loop and rightfully so in my view.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
They should of never of played JOC (James O'Connor). The rebels look really stupid dropping him now.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
JOC (James O'Connor) may even consider he was a goose at times, we all make errors, maybe this wake up call he wakes with a different attitude.

I like the way Link explained his approach, mutual respect with and within the Reds team - I'm going to wait and see before casting further judgement.

His signing may end up being the best for which ever franchise puts pen to paper, but he is not a 10.

D

daz

Yep, tracks the amount of metres run, and where those metres were run on the field.

D

daz

They should of never of played JOC (James O'Connor). The rebels look really stupid dropping him now.

Sorry, I should just let this go but the sheer idiocy of this post demands a follow up.

Not sure why the Rebels look stupid. No-one has ever denied the talent that JOC (James O'Connor) has, but he is not a team player.

On the contrary, I think this makes the Rebels look strong. They have drawn a line in the sand and said that the team is everything. They have also said that the energy and cash will be spent on the kids and the experienced non-star players with heart and desire. And why not? They performed extremely well while JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale spent time on the sidelines.

Given that the Rebels have improved each year for the last 3 years (small steps, but forward none-the-less), I find that calling them stupid is just ridiculous.

Save your call of stupid for your own backyard - Is anchoring the bottom of the Oz conference yet again and barely getting into 2nd gear after 8 years of Super Rugby exposure smart?

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Well the rugby facts are this

Without JOC (James O'Connor) 14-31
With JOC (James O'Connor) 24-6

Status
Not open for further replies.