• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Sharks, R12 @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This will be the only game the Sharks win on this tour.

After such a poor game this weekend Jake will lift them and they will win ugly.

Their injury toll will kill them on the rest of the tour.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels will win this.
thats what we like, a forthright position, no ambivalence, positive spectatorship

and i sincerely hope so too, BUT

would have preferred the highlanders to have laid down on the weekend though.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hope? My man, this is pure uninformed, unreasonable, unqualified and illogical confidence. I'm the rugby equivalent of the woad-coated berserker running into the face of a regimented army

There is no logical or data-driven reason why the Rebels should win this game.

All I have to pin my hat on is this: we're at home and we fucking love playing at home; the Jaapies are nearing the end of on a tough trans-tasman tour, and we know how much they "love" playing away on a cold Melbourne night in front of a sparse crowd.

D

daz

Hope? My man, this is pure uninformed, unreasonable, unqualified and illogical confidence. I'm the rugby equivalent of the woad-coated berserker running into the face of a regimented army

All I have to pin my hat on is this: we're at home and we fucking love playing at home; the Jaapies are nearing the end of a tough trans-tasman tour, and we know how much they "love" playing away on a cold Melbourne night in front of a sparse crowd.

This is almost exactly what I was going to write in the game preview for the front page in 3 days time.

You don't mind if I steal this post and claim it as my own?

;)

Reactions: Tex

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well, we have won 6 out of the last 7 at home, statistically thats about and 86% chance of winning :).

so we have hope, blind optimism, the weather, and mathematics.

what more could one ask

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Keep it flowing gents, by the end of page 3 we should have enough material for a screenplay.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so will it be a thriller, a drama, a cliff hanger,

tragedy or comedy (of errors)

just please, not a farce

depending on the ref, may even be a mystery

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
There will be villains and heroes, moments of high drama and a satisfying finish.

As stated in the first post, the Rebels will win this, so all that's left is for us to sit down, kick off the shoes, loosen the belt and smash some biltong while we fill in the gaps.

Introducing villain #1.
1091957-17352921-640-360.jpg

To be met by the fire breathing young buck, destined for national honours and with a streak of mongrel of his own.

Our plucky hero.
Luke+Jones+Super+Rugby+Trial+Rebels+v+Chiefs+iXeRyy2CIPTl.jpg

I'm not sure if there will be a love interest in this epic, but there's sure to be a little fire and brimstone.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

All I have to pin my hat on is this: we're at home and we fucking love playing at home; the Jaapies are nearing the end of a tough trans-tasman tour, and we know how much they "love" playing away on a cold Melbourne night in front of a sparse crowd.
Won't this actually be their first game on tour?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I believe it's their third game away from Kingspark this season. First on their Australasian tour.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Given what happened last year with Jake his toys + cot and the Brumbies. The Brumbies v Sharks game will be massive for Jake.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking to that game already and underestimate the Rebels, who have already beaten the Brumbies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Given what happened last year with Jake his toys + cot and the Brumbies. The Brumbies v Sharks game will be massive for Jake.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking to that game already and underestimate the Rebels, who have already beaten the Brumbies.
No. Not after losing this past weekend. We all understand Jake White a little bit by now.

Bismarck and Jannie may not be fit and Deysel is also touch and go which could of course help the Rebels greatly.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Slow day at the office gents? Although this is far more interesting reading that the other stuff I have to read in my day job :)

To be met by the fire breathing young buck, destined for national honours and with a streak of mongrel of his own.

Our plucky hero.
Luke+Jones+Super+Rugby+Trial+Rebels+v+Chiefs+iXeRyy2CIPTl.jpg

Seriously, can this man ever take a bad photo or be any more photogenic? did he have to do classes for this, or was it natural?

I'm not sure if there will be a love interest in this epic, but there's sure to be a little fire and brimstone.

Daz and Mitch, especially when he scores the wining try...

Since i'm in the mists of sleep deprivation (jetlag and toddlers don't mix) i'm going with the blind optimism card here. Saffa teams have traveled badly this year and I think we can continue the misery heaped upon them this year. We will be well-rested, injury free thus far (wait for the report later) and we are coming off a win. We always grow an extra leg at home and I will be in full voice, with assistance from my sponsors pizza and lager.

We need to take a little out the Highlanders book and keep ball in hand, less kicking and bend some lines. The Sharks set piece will be solid so we need to play that carefully.

At worst I hope the result is nothing like last time over in shark park. And don't think it will be.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Injury update..

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/injury-update-monday-28th-april-2014

Didn't realize Toby Smith was nursing a sore shoulder. We'll need him on the paddock if we have a real chance against that Springbok front row. Looks like Laurie is over his head knock, good news too.
yes came off late last game nursing left shoulder, from the sidelines i thought ? stinger ? AC joint. its being "investigated" suggests more than a stinger/bruise.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Big game for Jones I reckon, especially if Alberts plays lock. Jones is taller and lighter, but that's the level of physicality I'd like to see him playing at.

I'd actually love to see some sort of loan/exchange system in rugby.Guys like Jones, Neville, Reid, McMahon etc. could learn a huge amount by spending a year in the Currie Cup, or even with a Saffa Soup team.

Status
Not open for further replies.