• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Sharks, R12 @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
What could be more fun than busting of the shackles of a working week, heading to the nearest innkeeper, getting buzzed on decent beer, heading off to AAMI to watch the Rebs, maintaining the buzz with mediocre (at best) Beer then returning to another innkeeper to elevate the buzz once again with really good Beer. Frankly after the 6th pint you don't really care what you're drinking, it all tastes the same.

Other good excuses:
  • Away from the wife and kids for at least a few hours, until they start knocking your head at 6am for feeding/clothing/transport to AusKick etc.
  • You get to watch live professional rugby in the sporting capital of the world. After many years of wanting this to happen, it's finally here and I intend to take every opportunity I can.
  • There is always beer involved. Sure the standard isn't as good as your personal Beer, but it's still Beer.
  • you get to see an assortment of wiley characters, up to all sorts of shenanigans that are typically a result of Beer.
  • You get to see those lovely drummers and Vic the rebel (okay, that was a long bow to draw).
  • Aside from the little league, someone is always doing something stupid on the pitch at half-time. What better fun than 12,000+ people laughing with someone trying to run inside on of those massive inflatable balls (or whatever they are doing, I'm usually off getting Beer so I never notice).
  • You might get to run into me at the Rugby, and surely that's got to be the highlight for any Rugby fan.
  • If you find you cannot cope with the cold, I'm sure the person sitting next to you will give you a hug. In Rugby, we're all united.
  • Did I mention Beer is involved?
Is this enough of a reason for you to attend? Or should I dribble on some more?

you finally won me over with the BEER aspect

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
interesting sharks line up in the rebels news letter, different to the previously published one
No Position Name Tr y Conversion Penalty
1 Loosehead Prop Tendai Mtawarira
2 Hooker Kyle Cooper
3 Tighthead Prop Jannie du Plessis
4 Left Lock Etienne Oosthuizen
5 Right Lock Stephan Lewies
6 Blindside Flanker Marcell Coetzee
7 Openside Flanker Willem Alberts
8 Number Eight Keegan Daniel
9 Scrumhalf Charl McLeod
10 Flyhalf Tim Swiel
11 Left Wing Sibusiso Sithole
12 Inside Centre Francois Steyn
13 Outside Centre Paul Jordaan
14 Right Wing JP Pietersen
15 Fullback Lwazi Mvovo

Is that last weeks team or something like that? Geez I'd like Bismarck to not be playing tonight though...

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I've missed a few games over the years but not many, but until tonight I am yet to have gone to AAMI Park on a rainy night. A shower or two has passed, but never proper rain.

It's a belter of a surface so that shouldn't matter too much, outside of handling.

Bring it on.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is that last weeks team or something like that? Geez I'd like Bismarck to not be playing tonight though.
Team list from last week, according to GAGR.

Sharks XV
1. Tendai Mtawarira
2. Bismarck du Plessis (C)
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Willem Alberts
5. Stephan Lewies
6. Marcell Coetzee
7. Jean Deysel
8. Keegan Daniel
9. Charl McLeod
10. Tim Swiel
11. S’bura Sithole
12. Frans Steyn
13. Paul Jordaan
14. JP Pietersen
15. Lwazi Mvovo
Reserves
16. Kyle Cooper
17. Dale Chadwick
18. Lourens Adriaanse
19. Etienne Oosthuizen
20. Ryan Kankowski
21. Stefan Ungerer
22. Heimar Williams
23. SP Marais

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
If Tim Swiel does end up playing I will be interested in how he goes. They are saying he has a lot of promise.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
From Sharksrugby.co.za today:

The Cell C Sharks
15. Lwazi Mvovo
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Paul Jordaan
12. Heimar Williams
11. JP Pietersen
10. Frans Steyn
9. Charl McLeod
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Jean Deysel
6. Marcell Coetzee
5. Stephan Lewies
4. Willem Alberts
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Bismarck du Plessis (Captain)
1. Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements
16. Kyle Cooper
17. Dale Chadwick
18. Lourens Adriaanse
19. Etienne Oosthuizen
20. Keegan Daniel
21. Cobus Reinach
22. Fred Zeilinga
23. SP Marais

Swiel is not even on the bench.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bismark is consistently putting his foot up prior to the feed, and regardless of its legality (I thinks not meant to be?) It's frustrating to see.

Either way, the scrum should be off balance, so a big push is needed.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Should have been a penalty for multiple offsides down at the sharks end, counterattack by the sharks end up in the 3 points because the player tries to jump over Sau.

Rebels trail 6-12 with 5 to gon

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good refereeing on the lifting tackle.

Also, there are some quality posts in this thread. :)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Frustrating half from the Rebels.

6 points gifted through a bit of stupidity to the sharks, if not 9.

Good try line defence, but we're try to battle Frans Steyns boot and a great counter attacking back 3 with Woodward, Hegartys pop gun boot, and Ellisons torps, which are 50/50 at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.