• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs Round 2 - 2012R02 - Dunlop Shield III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mate the yellow card might of been harsh but that was a penalty try, clearly from the side and he collapsed. Don't throw a tantrum over it, you're still 16 points ahead
I think you will find that the mail had broken before he joined. TPN attacked the second maul. They had adv anyway because Robinson was offside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I want to see more replay of that collapsed maul. If the player at the back had of broken off then TPN was within his right to have a go. It didn't appear to me that TPN was what caused the maul to collapse I think the collapse took place at the front of the maul, not the back & TPN has copped the card for a team mate that was probably more responsible but then again I want to see more replays of it to look closer at the collapse to make a better judgement of it. Would have been hard to judge in real time. Can you ask for a slo-mo replay for try no try to determine how or if a maul was even brought down in the first place or if the ball carrying team just lost their feet?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jenkins got punched on the ground by Jones.

So TPN gets a card for nothing and not even a card for punching on the ground.

Get fucked Lawrence.

edit: barely punches

S

spooony

I want to see more replay of that collapsed maul. If the player at the back had of broken off then TPN was within his right to have a go. It didn't appear to me that TPN was what caused the maul to collapse I think the collapse took place at the front of the maul, not the back & TPN has copped the card for a team mate that was probably more responsible but then again I want to see more replays of it to look closer at the collapse to make a better judgement of it. Would have been hard to judge in real time. Can you ask for a slo-mo replay for try no try to determine how or if a maul was even brought down in the first place or if the ball carrying team just lost their feet?
You must either join the maul or retreat but he cannot loiter alongside it then decide to join from the backfoot.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder I'd bryce goes to sleep listening to a recording of his voice. He sure does like the sound of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

17.5 SUCCESSFUL END TO A MAUL
A maul ends successfully when the ball or a player with the ball
leaves the maul. A maul ends successfully when the ball is on the
ground, or is on or over the goal line.

This is reason Spooony why I think TPN was fine, might be wrong but I'm sure the player at the back disconnected. Happy to be proven wrong by replay, once I get to have another look.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
You must either join the maul or retreat but he cannot loiter alongside it then decide to join from the backfoot.

Thats what I want to have a look at cause I thought he coming from behind the hindmost foot if he wasnt then fair call at least for a penalty.

S

spooony

17.5 SUCCESSFUL END TO A MAUL
A maul ends successfully when the ball or a player with the ball
leaves the maul. A maul ends successfully when the ball is on the

This is reason Spooony why I think TPN was fine, might be wrong but I'm sure the player at the back disconnected. Happy to be proven wrong by replay, once I get to have another look.

17.2 JOINING A MAUL

(a) Players joining a maul must have their heads and shoulders no
lower than their hips.
Penalty: Free Kick
(b) A player must be caught in or bound to the maul and not just
alongside it.
Penalty: Penalty Kick
(c) Placing a hand on another player in the maul does not constitute
binding.
(d) Keeping players on their feet. Players in a maul must
endeavour to stay on their feet. The ball carrier in a maul may go
to ground providing the ball is available immediately and play
continues.
(e) A player must not intentionally collapse a maul. This is dangerous
play.
(f) A player must not jump on top of a maul.

A maul ends successfully when the ball is on the
Where was the ball?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know about joining a maul spooony! What I wanted to have a look at was whether the Rebels player had DISCONNECTED from the maul at the back. If he did that means the maul is then over, TPN would not have to have been connected to anyone as long as he came from the hindmost feet (in bold is the part I would like to have a look at, as long as he got that bit correct he would be fine).

S

spooony

I know about joining a maul spooony! What I wanted to have a look at was whether the Rebels player had DISCONNECTED from the maul at the back. If he did that means the maul is then over, TPN would not have to have been connected to anyone as long as he came from the hindmost feet (in bold is the part I would like to have a look at, as long as he got that bit correct he would be fine).
Yes but where was he standing before joining the maul?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Typical, you won the game comfortably, got the five points and yet you NSW fans still find something to throw a tantrum about. Get over it, it had no effect on the result.

S

spooony

TPN will still feel hard done by because if you concede a penalty try and get sent to the bin then ain't that double punishment?

^^^^^Not a NSW fan

Status
Not open for further replies.