• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Hurricanes - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting the the Fox commentators agree that Phipps is now 3rd 9 in Oz.

Where are those who questioned Macqueen's preference for him over Kingi?

I thought Kingi played very well for a first Senior (that I know of?) start at 15.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Wow. Fantastic win for the Rebels. That is more embarssing than the Tahs losing to the Cheetahs, we can move on!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting the the Fox commentators agree that Phipps is now 3rd 9 in Oz.

Where are those who questioned Macqueen's preference for him over Kingi?

I thought Kingi played very well for a first Senior (that I know of?) start at 15.

Kingi is a very good player, add lots of spark. But I think maybe his pass has a bit of the woobles (hard to say tho, havent seen loads of him), similar to burgess maybe. Phibbs has a great pass. Im supporting the commentators saying Phibbs is the 3rd 9 in Oz. Kingi maybe 4th? I like Kingi and hope he gets more game time n shows what he can do.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Kingi is a very good player, add lots of spark. But I think maybe his pass has a bit of the woobles (hard to say tho, havent seen loads of him), similar to burgess maybe. Phibbs has a great pass. Im supporting the commentators saying Phibbs is the 3rd 9 in Oz. Kingi maybe 4th? I like Kingi and hope he gets more game time n shows what he can do.

PHIPPS mate Phibbs is somebody I else, plays for a team that got beaten by the Rebs I believe.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Great Game and well done Rebels.

Great to see Kingi on the park. Best game I have seen from Morty at 12. Rodzilla had a good game as well. Yoda's workrate is awsome and he is the unsung hero of that pack. Frier is bench material at best currently as Robinson just can't be dropped on his form.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Awesome game, geez the Melbourne crowd look good!!!
Last week I said that they lost the game when Gerrad went off, they made me eat my words tonight!
Going to be a very interesting game next week with force coming back from the republic.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
What I like about Phipps is his style of timing his run to the breakdown and passing on the move. It also means he's on the move for snipes as well. Of course it was made possible tonight by the admirable Rebels forwards driving fast beyond the ball.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can everyone please stop ruining my tipping? This is getting quite annoying.
Ha ha!! I have accepted I will continue to get reamed in the tipping - apart from the top 3-4 teams, the rest are soooo inconsistent at the moment, and the ridiculous points differences are just out there. How can a team lose by 50 one week, then put 42 on a team that is way better on paper? I wish I'd missed getting this tip in and I would have got the home ground point!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Like I said on the Macqueen thread, after the Tahs and Brumbies have done their very best to sabotage me this year (and for years before that) I had a sly bet on the Rebs to get up in this game. Didn't pick the margin tho which would've been nice. :)

M

Moono75

Canes you are an embarrasement to NZ. Year after year you serve up the same inconsistent efforts. Up 3 trys in 20 mins and then get spanked. As an Aussie with family in Wellington I can't believe the National capital serves up such shite! Absolutly positively Wellington! That said Go the Force.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Canes you are an embarrasement to NZ. Year after year you serve up the same inconsistent efforts. Up 3 trys in 20 mins and then get spanked. As an Aussie with family in Wellington I can't believe the National capital serves up such shite! Absolutly positively Wellington! That said Go the Force.

Don't worry, ours did the same

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ha ha!! I have accepted I will continue to get reamed in the tipping - apart from the top 3-4 teams, the rest are soooo inconsistent at the moment, and the ridiculous points differences are just out there. How can a team lose by 50 one week, then put 42 on a team that is way better on paper? I wish I'd missed getting this tip in and I would have got the home ground point!
Myself tipped the Rebels

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Where the fuck did that come from?...All of a sudden Robbie Deans has a few more names to consider. Saffy is top of the list. Then Phipps. Then he has to get creative with immigration and whip up a few passports for Sommerville, Robinson and Delve.

Methinks Delve, Robinson and Somerville (sic) are beyond recruiting. They'll never be Aussies, according to the iRB's current guidelines.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I know Lindo. But I'm sure the IRB wouldn't notice the fact that our squad for the RWC features Ned Robinson, Gareth Shelve and Greg Sommersault. A few beards, moustaches and bit of peroxide in the hair and nobodies the wiser...

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Phipps is looking like a very good long term prospect. Is this the kid who toured with the Wallabies last year or the year before or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.