• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Hurricanes - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Travi34

build a bridge - not a discussion for this thread.

being at the game, the crowd was down and out at 17minutes when it was 17 - 0.

The Blake try, gave the crowd some confidence, and the players some starting point.

The constant pressure by the piggies caused what must have been close to 10 turnovers in the Canes attacking 22...

Lipman, Robinson, Saffy, Delve, Yoda.... etc... were all massive contributors. Once ONeill is back, that forward pack will be amazing.

Interesting tactic change re: O'Neill, MacQueen accepted that the lineout isnt strong with out him, so opted for Danny to kick big torps down the guts, forcing the Canes to return them.

Kingi may well turn out to be the JOC (James O'Connor) of the Rebels. where does he play primarily? or is he just a gap filler? obviously a stellar scrumhalf in his own right, but if he is only going to get 10 min a game, its hardly worth it. Maybe winger suits him better? maybe an inside centre is his calling as suggested...

Huxley has been average, and deserves the inside back replacement spot only at this stage. Gerrard has cemented his 15 jumper, as has Danny 10, and Vuna 11, this leaves a lot of jiggling. I'll leave that to Rod, he managed to make a team (out of a squad with a plethora of injuries) that beat a decent NZ team.

Rebels to win another 2 home and 1 away this season

Trav

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The guy who missed 5 tackles, dropped some ball and score a frigging impressive -4 points for my fantasy rugby team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Please don't patronize my humble opinion. I've been an avid reader for over 2 years and have recently come to the conclusion that 89% of punters on here are elitist arm-chair rugby enthusiasts, and thats fine. Cheers

I would say your opinion is anything but humble in this thread, and clearly you don't think it is fine. Maybe just move on, now we all know how you feel about us.

B

BRIX

No thats not true. I've got a lot of love for you guys thats why I spend time on here. Wasn't intended to ruffle feathers or call anyone out in particular, just a culmination of thoughts & observations since being on G&GR. Rant over though - the mutual passion we all share for rugby always wins. Peace & Love bros, forth we prod

Status
Not open for further replies.