• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
I can't believe I forgot to post this. Two weeks back I was at a lunch where Robbie Deans spoke, and Hynes was there.

There was an awkward exchange after Dingo acknowledged Hynes and said something like "and I believe he has some very good news . [pause] . uh, Peter do you mind if I say it?"

Hynesie didn't object and Dingo said something along the lines of "Peter's told me that he has a very good shot at getting back on the park in the near future."

I can't remember exact wording but the message was unmistakable.

That is fantastic news - I'm glad my eyes weren't deceiving me either!

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Whats happened to Kev? on the rugby club last night e was handing out awards at the super rugby dinner in a sling. He's off his crutches from the hamstring op. Must have had something in his shoulder cleared up, anyone have more information?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Courier Mail reporting that both Ben Tapuai and Mike Harris have re-signed. Great news, I think most of us expected we would lose one of them.

It also reported that McKenzie is looking elsewhere to find a replacement for Higginbotham

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
So there is 1 or 2 spots left in the full squad? Higgers spot and Davies is the only other I can think of not re-signed.

Behold

Bob McCowan (2)
Wouldn't mind seeing Hugh McMeniman come back to the Reds but he left for money and I am guessing we probably don't have the cash to bring him back for a few years.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wouldn't mind seeing Hugh McMeniman come back to the Reds but he left for money and I am guessing we probably don't have the cash to bring him back for a few years.

When you get a time limit put on your career like him (with the injuries) you have to take the $$$.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Do you have this on any authority or are you speculating this could be the reason? You may do have the good oil as to why he left and I'm not suggesting you don't. There are a few plausable reasons why he may have left.

1/ Needed to get out of town after the passing of his father.

2/ Money as you say but scenario #1 could be a factor in this.

3/ Maybe he desired a drop in intensity that Japan offered so he could try and get his falling apart body right.

It could be a bit of all combined but it looked like the big fella had a shitload of weight on a young mans shoulders at the time.

I would love to see him return one day regardless.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If money was the issue, we'd happily have him at the Force. There is a lot of spare change here with Sharpe and Pocock gone.

It'd be great to have him back somewhere in Oz at some point in the next 12 months. Once Sharpe has played his last test we are left with Horwill and a number of other options who haven't shown they are up to the job yet.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do you have this on any authority or are you speculating this could be the reason? You may do have the good oil as to why he left and I'm not suggesting you don't. There are a few plausable reasons why he may have left.

1/ Needed to get out of town after the passing of his father.

2/ Money as you say but scenario #1 could be a factor in this.

3/ Maybe he desired a drop in intensity that Japan offered so he could try and get his falling apart body right.

It could be a bit of all combined but it looked like the big fella had a shitload of weight on a young mans shoulders at the time.

I would love to see him return one day regardless.

I would've assumed it was from the constant injuries that saw him play less Super Rugby than Rocky Elsom.......

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
If money was the issue, we'd happily have him at the Force. There is a lot of spare change here with Sharpe and Pocock gone.

It'd be great to have him back somewhere in Oz at some point in the next 12 months. Once Sharpe has played his last test we are left with Horwill and a number of other options who haven't shown they are up to the job yet.

Force dont need him they have a wealth of solid backrowers and have enough talent coming through the tight. In my opinion force jsut need a coach and to bide their time

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd want him as a lock. He has the same build as Sharpie and is definitely taller, heavier and more aggressive than Sammy Wykes. I'd sooner have Wykes return to the backrow.

J

Jiggles

Are any of the players on the EPS roll being dropped for next year?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
From what I've gathered Blake Enever and Jarrad Buttler will have EPS spots. Albert Anae and Nick Frisby will move into full contracts and Dallan Murphy has left. Kevin Davis will probably keep his spot.

The other two spots I've heard Sam Lane, but then alot of people seem to think he's off to the Tahs, and then you have Louis Frisby as a possibility. UJ Seuteni shouldn't be give a contract again, anyone who's seen him play lately would know why, he's just doesn't have the maturity and ability to read the game needed for even Premier rugby, let alone Super Rugby.

What's the go with Samo next year? Is he still contracted?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I must be the only Reds fan who does not want to see Hugh McMeniman come back, what happened to loyalty? If you turn your back on your team then I dont want you back for any reason.

Loyalty needs to be rewarded and we need to ensure that our young stars of the future realise if they want to play for the Reds when they are older and better then they need to be loyal to the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.