• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Could you imagine the presser if Cheika was the coach?

I posted in the Stormers thread about Toua - he's a great attacker, but he loses the ball way too much in contact. He seems to make loads of halfbreaks, but seems to just lose his feet as he's in the clear. Loads of potential, but he's still a very rough diamond, especially when you add in kicking and defending.

Who will be the new fullback? Turner? Harris? Lucas? Taps deserves another start; either at 12 or 13 depending on where Harris plays. And someone needs to tell Harris to quite with the short kicks, he's done them quite a lot this year and turned over cheap possession every time.

What did the badger say.. He goes head over biscuit

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
what disrespect have the Reds shown? I haven't seen much to be honest. Graham had a pretty reserved few comments both game, but most have been from the common punter, journo (not just Aussie) and a few former players.
Where did I say they said anything about the media.
Seems I was unclear. I was more referring to general demeanour of players on the field. Refs, no matter how professional, will not take too much towards repeated infringements then the 'who me' before showing the yellow. Thought the shaking of heads and mumbling after the ref has said his piece was rather obvious. I didn't think a lot of the calls/penalties were justified however sucking it up and playing to his calls may have proved beneficial.
But that's my opinion only.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm completely intolerant of referee dissent. But to now say you can't even shake your head at a decision you think is extremely rough is ridiculous. To limit any "lack of respect" to that in a game where officiating has been put under as much scrutiny as this game has is showing a fair bit of willpower I'd say.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agree with TWS - you're allowed to shake your head, mutter to yourself about going to specsavers but you don't argue with the ref or backchat.

That said, I'm a fan of yelling at the opposition to 'release' and 'last-feet' - it can put the ref on alert and it never hurts to have the opposition step behind last feet when you're crashing the ball up.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Please read everything I first posted.
CHEETAHS coped a flogging too but they maintained a discipline and,yeah they lost the game, but coped quite a few shitty decisions on the chin with a certain amount of dignity.
Reds coped it unfairly, I got frustrated with that, but when you have a ref like that you can't afford to give him anything and you have to play to his rules and decisions. He is the one with the whistle and there is no changing that.

T

TOCC

Firstly i am all for showing referees the utmost respect i think its an integral part of the game, however in saying that, if a referee is making blatantly wrong decisions or calls you have the right to defend your team.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think this season will be a good one to blood new players and rejuvenate a team that hasn't changed majorly for a few seasons now. It is needed and will be a good opportunity to see the talent coming through the reds academy

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My concern is the way the Reds seem to continually give away handy leads as the game goes on.
Almost an attitude of,"well I've done my bit, now time for a bit of a break".
This was happening last year as well.
It's really disappointing when the team can't really put the dagger in and twist it against an opposition they are running rings around for the first 30 minutes.

T

Tip

I think this season will be a good one to blood new players and rejuvenate a team that hasn't changed majorly for a few seasons now. It is needed and will be a good opportunity to see the talent coming through the reds academy
As long as they've got the skills to back up their talent, unlike a certain Fullback... We're not out of the Finals race yet, of the teams above us only the Blues have toured SA. Pick our best team for every game and hope that the comp continues as it has for the past month - upset victories week in week out

T

tranquility

As long as they've got the skills to back up their talent, unlike a certain Fullback. We're not out of the Finals race yet, of the teams above us only the Blues have toured SA. Pick our best team for every game and hope that the comp continues as it has for the past month - upset victories week in week out

Other than bagging Toua, I am right with you on that.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
As long as they've got the skills to back up their talent, unlike a certain Fullback. We're not out of the Finals race yet, of the teams above us only the Blues have toured SA. Pick our best team for every game and hope that the comp continues as it has for the past month - upset victories week in week out

Are you in the squad behind Toua or something Tip? You've got one note lately

T

Tip

I just think losing the ball in contact 8 times in 4 games is horrendous. Couple that with 7 missed tackles and countless ineffective kicks and Tip thinks that QLD has a better option.

Toua needs more game time & experience under his belt before he's ready for this level. I would rather have seen him playing in the Pacific cup for the beginning of the season with Turner or Harris at fullback.

We'll see this weekend whether or not we've got a better option I suppose.

T

tranquility

I just think losing the ball in contact 8 times in 4 games is horrendous. Couple that with 7 missed tackles and countless ineffective kicks and Tip thinks that QLD has a better option.

Toua needs more game time & experience under his belt before he's ready for this level. I would rather have seen him playing in the Pacific cup for the beginning of the season with Turner or Harris at fullback.

We'll see this weekend whether or not we've got a better option I suppose.

Irrespective, don't bag your own players.

T

Tip

If i pay for my teams season membership, I am entitled to criticise the players who represent that team.
It's very Stalin-esque to say that you don't bag your own players. Criticism is part and parcel of their paycheque, which I contribute to.

It's just like saying you can't criticise your own government.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I agree with you on this call, Tip. You have given your reasons why you feel Toua is not up to scratch.
Whether I agree or disagree isn't relevant here, but you are within your rights to criticise.
It's all very well to smell the roses, but you have to keep an eye on the bloody weeds or they take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.