• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That's exactly it ILTW and nor should they be. To date he has shown that he is either unwilling, or worse still, incapable of change so any deal must consider his potential impact that his ego and personality may have on the team. Committing to the team for longer than one year is the first step in demonstrating that he actually wants to be there and wants to be a part of the team and not just use it as a necessary means to achieve his personal goals.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
That's exactly it ILTW and nor should they be. To date he has shown that he is either unwilling, or worse still, incapable of change so any deal must consider his potential impact that his ego and personality may have on the team. Committing to the team for longer than one year is the first step in demonstrating that he actually wants to be there and wants to be a part of the team and not just use it as a necessary means to achieve his personal goals.

And were he to return for one year only and then, heaven forbid, he were selected for the national team, think of the unsettling effect that would have on the Wallabies as a whole. Simply not on in my book.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Bugger spending any kind of serious money on JOC (James O'Connor), if we've got the cash in the bank, I'd prefer us to buy a forward, particularly a one S Fardy. According to the SMH last year, he's off contract this year - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ger-to-stay-with-brumbies-20131217-2zjkz.html

Recruiting an outside back shouldn't really be on our radar as it won't solve the problems we've been having since Higgers left.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
O'Connor haters are always going to hate. Yet where is the same hatred for Beale.
The difference is Beale has been given a third / fourth/ fifth chance, where O'Connor hasn't.
One has a criminal record, the other hasn't.

Hate is a dickhead word in a rugby forum. I don't hate anybody over rugby but I don't like JOC (James O'Connor) he plain and simple conducts himself like a little brat. I don't want him anywhere near what is a tight playing group culture at the Reds regardless of on field talent.

It looks like Beale is facing up to his problems (genuine problems and not just brand issues) now rather than running from them. Credit to him. JOC (James O'Connor) has shown no maturity at all to be given any credit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Isn't there proper rugby going on now?

Hypotheticals about Brand O'Beiber to the Reds should be left to the off season.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not really HJ. There have been a few rumours about JOC (James O'Connor) joining the Reds so it's all valid discussion IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@TOCC, Reds 2014 is the thread.

Do you actually believe there is a chance Bieber Boy will play any rugby in or for a Australian team in 2014?

If and when he grows up, I believe the Reds is the only franchise capable of managing him, but that won't be 2014.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's Scoey not TOCC.
The discussion started over whether Toua would get a gig next year which is entirely relevant as it is based on his form this year. Someone suggested O'Connor as a replacement which is how we ended up where we are.
Yes we could start a Reds 2015 thread but that would seem more pointless at this juncture than having a bit of a chat about it in this thread.
If it's pointless chat you're trying to avoid though, we should probably wrap this little exchange up I reckon and get back to talking Reds eh? ;-)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If and when he grows up, I believe the Reds is the only franchise capable of managing him, but that won't be 2014.

Cheika is a better chance of managing him. If the Lions reffing debacle had happened vs the Tahs there would not have been a safe window between the coaches box and hotel room. That is the sort of hard ass JOC (James O'Connor) needs, not Woody diplomaticly trying to deal with him. As much as Carmichael would be the CEO to have watching him, a petulant child needs constant control from a firm hand, not the occasional trip to the headmaster.

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

@Hugh Jarse

I wasn't commenting, but since it's been mentioned I think it's appropriate to talk about which 2014 players might not be around in the longer term and possible replacements especially if there has been media reports.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Anyone know anything about these rumours concerning Quade and Reds management? Wondering if our existing good players are apt to re-sign with the club is of more interest to me then talking about JOC (James O'Connor).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You may have to be more specific. I have no idea what rumours you're talking about?

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Someone mentioned somewhere in this thread - no I am not going to go look back for it - about Quade not getting along with RG very well, and now the Australian Rugby Rumour Mill HQ (ie: Greg Growden) is talking on espnscrum that QC (Quade Cooper) is fighting with management and Big Kev is in the middle. I also heard it mentioned somewhere else a while back, but forget where.

Of course, I don't generally believe MR Growden, but when you hear these things a couple of times....

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ah ok. No i know nothing about that. From what I see as a fan of the team and nothing more they seem like a fairly united mob to me.
Quade seems to wear his heart on his sleeve a fair bit and it's usually pretty clear when he's not happy (eg in the Wallabies under Deans).
I think the same is true of Kev to a degree. His form suffers a bit when he's distracted and his form I would say is on the improve.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds EPS player Chris Kuridrani out for four weeks

St.George Queensland Reds winger Chris Kuridrani will be out for four weeks after undergoing arthroscopicsurgery to clean up loose cartilage in his ankle.

Kuridrani had surgery this week, after injuring his ankle playing for Reds A during the Pacific Rugby Cup final in Sydney on the weekend.
The 22-year-old flyer from Premier Grade side GPS is yet to play Super Rugby, having signed with the Reds for the 2014 season as a member of the Extended Playing Squad.
The Reds face the Stormers at Suncorp Stadium at 6:40pm (local) on Saturday 29 March.

T

Train Without a Station

Someone mentioned somewhere in this thread - no I am not going to go look back for it - about Quade not getting along with RG very well, and now the Australian Rugby Rumour Mill HQ (ie: Greg Growden) is talking on espnscrum that QC (Quade Cooper) is fighting with management and Big Kev is in the middle. I also heard it mentioned somewhere else a while back, but forget where.

Of course, I don't generally believe MR Growden, but when you hear these things a couple of times..

Parse, that was Zavros. His comments were something along the lines of if Quade doesn't get along with the coach he doesn't perform. Didn't seem to be an issue in that regard last game

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Geeeeez the longer the current coaching staff have with the reds the faster we seem to go backwards. Our ingenuity in attack is completely gone, nothing changes and were constantly shovelling shit sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.