• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cat_A you're correct, Wade didn't really play much rugby this year at GPS as he was used primarily as the bench Prems hooker and I believe played a couple of games of reggies.

I think (may be wrong) but he was still involved in the ARU academy setup so obviously the selectors at rep levels have some tickets on him. Haven't seen enough personally to comment whether he warrants rep merits.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Am not a fan of that selection at all. Even when he was fit he couldn't start for GPS, and no disrespect to their hooker, he wasn't one of the stand-outs.

Ngaumo and Ready would have been way better options, maybe both will be included in the wider training group as well. To be fair though, I agree with TD who said there isn't really any stand-out hookers running around.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cutting Wade some slack, to be fair I think GPS selection of Nathan Nicol at hooker for most of the year was more out of loyalty than ability. Nicol was the incumbent hooker the previous year (and is very solid without being outstanding) and Wade only made a last minute club switch when Mooney left Wests.

Had Wade stuck around at Uni/Wests and played decent minutes then maybe we'd be singing a different tune, it is hard to judge this type of selection for a player who hasn't seen many top grade minutes this year but clearly has lots of ability.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have not seen any of them play but now we are seeing new scrimmaging laws would it be fair to say that someone who used to be the best may now not be as the skills required have changed?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rory Arnold is about to make his CC debut for Griquas in the CC
R365
The coach has resisted the urge to include Griquas' newest addition, lock Rory Arnold, after the Australian joined the Kimberley side for the duration of the Currie Cup, but is still unfamiliar with some of the Griquas' structures, according to Human.

"Rory is a player with great talent, but he still needs to settle into the system and structures. We are approaching every game in the Currie Cup as if it is a final.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone else think S Fainga'a has packed on the pounds? He has looked quite "flabby" the last two weeks.

Hope he is keeping fit for our resurgence

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I was thinking he looked a little more voluptuous in gold than he usually does in red liquor box.

Perhaps as a fuller-figured gent the breakfast buffets in camp are calling?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
News from today: if Wade has been offered a training gig with the Reds his manager knows nothing about it.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
For those who were out at Ballymore yesterday, I think the three new Reds signings showed why they got their spots.

Kerevi & Kuridrani were strong for GPS, but it was JJ Taulagi who was brilliant for University.

With Morahan & Lance gone, I think we have the talent in Taulagi and Aiden Toua to find our long-term 15. It is just a matter of finding their feet early, and staying injury free.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It is good that Arnold and Murday are getting experience playing in the ITM and Curry Cups, considering our rapidly diminishing depth in the second row.

How did McDulling go on the weekend, Is he sticking around next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.