• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I actually think his injuries are in relation to his size and power for his age. He is so dynamic, that I think it is just a matter of his frame maturing to be able to manage the stress of shifting the load. He is a massive man, who is incredibly agile.

T

tranquility

Also very excited about the Lachie Turner signing. Not that I think he will be electric or score too many meat pies, but he is experienced and has a very low error rate. He will be a good calm head, which is important with so many youngsters in the backline.

More than anything he sounds as if he is a good man, and a good bloke to have around the club. That is essential to nullify any rattyness or dropping of standards.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Digby sets the record straight. He will certainly be missed. Still had plenty to offer at Super Rugby and Wallaby level as i felt Mitchell did. Would be a lot happier this week with them available.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/d...ris/story-e6frf4pu-1226725213334#.UkAcjaIayK2
"I'm nervous going over there but at the same time excited.
"If I don't like it I can come back after 20 months, in time for the Rugby World Cup."

Interesting that he hasn't completely shut the door on coming back to the Wallabies, when he could just as easily live out his rugby days in Paris and save up a nice little retirement fund.

You'd have to think, though, he wont pass up the opportunity to return to Australia next year or in 2015, to play under Link at international level.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
If they can teach Digby how to not turn over the ball while he's in France that would be wonderful.

Then again it is Stade so who knows if he will learn much than how to pose in his underwear. Actually, he may be leading the class.

Wallabies are really missing his consistency in getting over the gain line right now.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Can we get sitauti back from the rebels?

Talk in their thread is that he has been let go. Come home son.

T

tranquility

He has alot of detractors. But gee Sita would be a good addition to our pack.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
If they can teach Digby how to not turn over the ball while he's in France that would be wonderful.

Then again it is Stade so who knows if he will learn much than how to pose in his underwear. Actually, he may be leading the class.

Wallabies are really missing his consistency in getting over the gain line right now.

Love to see diggers back in a few years at the Reds. Hope he gets his body right and comes home healthy and ready to win another Super title with all his mates.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I'd like to see him back in Super Rugby for sure but I do think RWC15 will be a stretch. The guy will be over 30, plays in a very intense and physical manner and in the position with the smallest margins for physical performance.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'd like to see him back in Super Rugby for sure but I do think RWC15 will be a stretch. The guy will be over 30, plays in a very intense and physical manner and in the position with the smallest margins for physical performance.

Agree with bold above, and to paraphrase from the Movie "The Australian Citizenship Test" The Castle, "Tell him he's dreaming".

T

tranquility

Tana Umaga anyone? Perhaps diggers learns a few things in his travels.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I doubt Digby will ever play here again. He needs to make enough money to get him through the next 50 years. I think he will move onto Japan after his time in France as it will be easier on his body and he may get a few more years in the game.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think that by the time IF Digby wants to return to the Aussie fold he will be either too old or someone will have cemented the spot for his own

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
What a week in rugby.
The passing away of the great John Hipwell, Jake White resigning from the Brumbies, Wil Ginea again not selected for the Wallabies.
It's like being in a back water her in the Reds 2014 post.
I'm actually feeling very confident about our chances next year.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
emuarse

I'll feel a lot better if Quade can find some real form again in the next few months. Starting to look like him and RGIII (gridiron player who is the quarterback equivalent of Quadey who makes less mistakes but blew his own knee out last year) are headed in the same direction and that makes me very, very sad.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
emuarse

I'll feel a lot better if Quade can find some real form again in the next few months. Starting to look like him and RGIII (gridiron player who is the quarterback equivalent of Quadey who makes less mistakes but blew his own knee out last year) are headed in the same direction and that makes me very, very sad.

No wonder he makes less mistakes than Quade - the prick is allowed to pass the ball forward, and other blokes do all his tackling

T

TOCC

I think losing players like Jono Lance and Luke Morahan may be a slight blessing in disguise... Good players yes, but i remember reading in a Wayne Bennet biography that he tried to maintain a 20% turnover in the player squad even in premiership winning years, it was necessary to bring in fresh blood to keep the players fresh and maintain competitiveness.

The Reds squad has remained remarkably constant over the past 3 years and some players like Kuridrani have slipped through the cracks as a result.. Im excited to see some of these new players get a shot.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
After tonight's ge againts the boks, Cooper is looking far more confident defending in the line. Hope this brush off into the reds next year.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Tonight left me with more questionmarks than answers about Quade's attacking form. I missed the last ~15 minutes due to work obligations but it's hard to gauge his attacking form when the Boks have 75% of the fucking ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.