• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Josh Hoffman would be a worthy buy on a 2 year contract. If it doesnt work out Toua or Tuilagi will hopefully step up, and Placid is on the way through as well.

I think Hoffman would go well but it's doubftul he'd come across as he represents the Kiwis in league. So he'd need to be convinced to play for the good guys for a start.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Hoffman would go well but it's doubftul he'd come across as he represents the Kiwis in league. So he'd need to be convinced to play for the good guys for a start.

He is aboriginal though.

League internationals are mickey mouse. I bet if Slater and Boyd weren't around Hoffman would have declared for Queensland.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I really think Timana Tahu is the only absolute dud league convert rugby has had in the last 15 years.

Everyone else has been somewhere between reasonable and excellent. The reasonable ones have tended to have only been reasonable players in league as well.
stats wise they have been pretty good too, from memory Wendall had a lot of metres per carry and most league converts also gain quite a bit after first contact.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
To me it will be interesting to see hoe RG "gels" with the team. Make no illusion this is a team and I just hope he embraces what he already has and does not try and alter too much too soon.

Suppose the proof will be in the pudding

He has been there for the last 18 months... I daresay he "gels" fairly well with the team...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rory Arnold is about to make his CC debut for Griquas in the CC
R365
Made his debut and in trouble.

Sport24
A bite? You must be joking!

2013-09-02 13:41

ba6c1630edd14dfdb2227b2a1037865c.jpg

Rory Arnold (Gallo Images)
Related Links

Cape Town - Griquas coach Pote Human says he doesn't believe Australian lock Rory Arnold is guilty of biting Cheetahs hooker Ethienne Reynecke.

QUIZ: Sport24's highly addictive, yet almost impossible quiz!

Arnold was sent off for biting the Cheetahs substitute after he scored a late try in their Currie Cup clash in Bloemfontein on Saturday.

Television replays showed Reynecke tackling the lock with his arm pushed against Arnold's mouth.

After the try was awarded, Reynecke showed referee Craig Joubert bite marks on his arm, with Joubert then referring the decision upstairs to television match official, Gerrie Coetzee.

It was tough to see on TV replays what exactly transpired but Coetzee came to the conclusion that it was a deliberate bite and ordered for Arnold to be sent off. The lock now has to appear before a disciplinary hearing and could be banned for the remainder of the Currie Cup competition if found guilty.

Human, however, found it hard to agree with Coetzee's call.

"Personally I don't believe that Rory bit the player," he told the Volksblad website.

"I watched the video a few times and can't see him biting anyone. He scored a try and celebrated. Who will bite someone out of joy? We'll have to see what happens. The decision doesn't rest with me, but with the citing committee."

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Well done on Queensland signing Australia's fastest footballer

I always thought Davies was faster ;)

Interesting signing. I'm not thrilled about it considering Turner's previous injuries. We've already got Toua who hasn't completed a full Super Rugby campaign (or even a months worth) so having another injury prone back with Davies is a concern.

Any news on what the Brand is doing next year?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I always thought Davies was faster ;)

Interesting signing. I'm not thrilled about it considering Turner's previous injuries. We've already got Toua who hasn't completed a full Super Rugby campaign (or even a months worth) so having another injury prone back with Davies is a concern.

Any news on what the Brand is doing next year?
I think it's a good signing. I doubt we would've paid a lot for him and in form, he is an excellent winger. His hamstring injury is a worry but the broken leg was just bad luck. I know he hasn't played any real footy for a while but I don't think that automatically puts him in the injury prone category. Certainly not like MMM, Palu etc guys like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Agree Jets - think he will fit into the Reds and given, say 35 years will be a Queenslander - joking of course but think he will be valuable on and off the field - great opportunity to "restart" career

Status
Not open for further replies.