• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
the longer he is without a team, the more I DONT want him at the Reds, for such a talented player who is a current Wallaby not to be able to get signed he must really be bad off the field.
He is set to sign with the Force has been in talks for months will be announced next week before the Perth Test.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Wonder if the Wonderboys' contract was topped up, status quo, or a reduction.
He had nowhere else to go in Australia so the Force should have played a bit of hardball,- something about 'what goes around comes around"

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I just hate friggin' biters. same with Elbowers, knee'ers, and kickers.
The odd punch Ok but the other really dirty shit can be left to the UFC and Mike Tysons

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
208cm and 127kg....fuck he's a big rig. Never seen him play but from that size he seems too large to be mobile enough for a backrow position.

Anyway I can't see him getting a contract anyway. Is he even any good? I've never seen him play.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
the longer he is without a team, the more I DONT want him at the Reds, for such a talented player who is a current Wallaby not to be able to get signed he must really be bad off the field.

If JOC (James O'Connor) understands and accepts his new standing in Australian rugby, he would be a great signing.

His last contract he held an open cheque, now he must realise he could just be the 30th player to fill a team...

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I reckon Lachie could end up at fullback and play a similar role that Peter Hynes did in 2010

Does he have the same ability to draw defenders and the playmaking skills that Hynes had though? I thought the same when I saw the signing but those are some creeping suspicions I can't shake.

I can't honestly say I've followed Lachie closely over his career though. I only remember him as a winger with some serious gas but nothing else very special about him. Would love to be corrected by someone who knows the bloke better than I do.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
208cm and 127kg..fuck he's a big rig. Never seen him play but from that size he seems too large to be mobile enough for a backrow position.

Anyway I can't see him getting a contract anyway. Is he even any good? I've never seen him play.

I wouldn't say immobile, he is no pace merchant but he could fill a role at 6.

However if Murday is indeed able to play 6 i would probably prefer him. His ITM Cup form is quite impressive

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does he have the same ability to draw defenders and the playmaking skills that Hynes had though? I thought the same when I saw the signing but those are some creeping suspicions I can't shake.

I can't honestly say I've followed Lachie closely over his career though. I only remember him as a winger with some serious gas but nothing else very special about him. Would love to be corrected by someone who knows the bloke better than I do.

I love watching Lachie play but see him as yet another Tahs player who was contracted on his potential 5 years ago and not on what he is currently capable of. This is the Tahs problem, and unfortunately the Wallabies problem also, players like Robinson and Palu have had a lot of hype but to me have never performed as well as they should.

I am glad Turner is going to be a Red player, but I hope he is only filling a spot for about 3/4 of the season until a younger player overtakes him to take a permanent spot like Gill did to Robinson.

T

TOCC

Well if you are to read into the Reds website, they have cut the players who wont be around in 2014..

Looks like Blake Enever and UJ Seuteni have been retained in the EPS..

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Turner could do a very similar job for the Reds to what Rathbone did at the Brumbies this season.

Doubtful he'll play every match but just needs to keep himself fit & in the mix and his chances when they come.

And he'll put pressure on the blokes in front to play well.

T

TOCC

I think there is a very good chance he could start, RG makes mention of Turner playing fullback as a schoolboy so thats obviously a position that he will come into contention for. Given that there is currently no standout fullback candidates in the squad, i see no reason as to why he cant make this position his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.