• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Tip the bloke is just recycling a "rumour" he previously posted and then admitted to be complete BS.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't usually believe any of the speculation on here as it is still just speculation but this rumor about Quirky leaving might end up being true. I don't know if this puts any substance into the rumor or not as there might be another reason or i might be mistaken but Quirky isn't in any of the NRC teams is he?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
@RugbyReg, you would never treat Scoey, TOCC, Braveheart etc as such, but thankyou for taking the liberty to berate born-red.

Tip, that's not a constructive post and only makes things worse.

If you think Reg has broken a forum rule then click the 'report' button, or point it out in a way that doesn't also break the rules.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope a reaction of this candour was put forth 10 pages ago when people started to talk bout Fuifui Moimoi, otherwise - you're being a condescending twit.

It's funny that his story / rumour is exactly the same that has been spat out in News Limited papers (The Oz, Courier Mail).

I have a ladder if you needed help getting off your highhorse because this is a constructive forum and Born-red is contributing to the thread. I'd much rather have contributors who post what they've heard from their mates than the contributor such as yourself who hounds the man for his post in hindsight.

It is condescending posts such as these @RugbyReg where you actively "play the man not the ball" which has G&GR followers flocking to TheRoar.

@RugbyReg, you would never treat Scoey, TOCC, Braveheart etc as such, but thankyou for taking the liberty to berate born-red.

Here's the ladder you're looking for
|-|
|-|
|-|
|-|

Appreciate the feedback and I have taken my discussion with born red off line. My comment was based on the fact that he came out with this rumour, out of no where, many pages ago. Then eventually denied it saying it was not true. Then he's done it again. Same rumour. What's changed?

The Fui Fui stuff wasn't a rumour. It was someone's suggestion for the reds to sign.

If BR had suggested the reds should sign Chabal, then it's a different kettle of fish.

Instead he's said they're signing him, come out and said no he was making it up. Then come out again and said their signing him again. I just called him on it.

As I said, the clearer picture has been discussed off line.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
and your still being rude in your private message - so don't talk to me there either please.

how can you get "called out" on something when I clearly stated its a rumor I heard NOT a fact I know.
He's a moderator. He's doing his job.

Anyone with a dark green band under there avatar is a mod.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
As vaaulu is a capped international - i presume can't be in the main squad unless he is our marque player ( hope not ) - BUT can he be apart of the wider training squad ?- or can he just not play for us at all from a rules perspective ?

(just because I think he is better then most the other young wingers rolling around and in a physical and exp position to keep playing a higher level)

I'd rather not see Vaaulu signed, particularly if we're getting in JOC (James O'Connor)/Hunt, we don't really need his experience and he's looked off the pace in what I've seen of him this year. Not to say he looks much worse then the young wingers going round, just at about the same level. I'd rather they take a punt on someone young with a higher ceiling.

T

Train Without a Station

However, I don't appreciate being called a liar, and being accused of making stuff up and purposefully providing misleading information for the single reason of my enjoyment.

But isn't that exactly what you did the first time you mentioned this "rumor" before admitting you made it up?

T

Train Without a Station

inside word at Reds HQ is that we managed to squeeze an extra, cheap year out of Chabal, big for marketing campaign and toughening up the youngsters,

That was June 24. Then later that day

yeh its crap - not true

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
born-red.
enjoy the banter mate. Don't let yobs dishearten you. A lot of stuff on the forum is hearsay, rumour, fishing blah blah.

Even I, to my horror, disbelief and dismay have had my opinions from time to time flung back into my face. OPINIONS ARE LIKE ARSEHOLES, EVERYBODY HAS ONE

Have fun, enjoy the moment

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree, enough of this he said, she said crap and everyone giving their 2cents. Its an online forum, people can be wrong, sometimes people need to be told they are wrong and most people just don't even care.

Back to rugby.

Lets bring back the Samu Kerevi love, those were much better times! He's our saviour!!!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
he is a beast in attack but- watched the nrc game but I don't know if it was his fault or frisby and mcintyre or the whole combination or lack thereof but few defensive issues and

is it just me or are kerevi and kuridrani a little on the slow side at top speed?

It was his first time playing 12 in a representative setup I believe, probably needs a few weeks to adjust to the different defensive techniques and communication.

It looks to me like after Kurindrani's horrific injury a few years back he realised he'd never get back the amazing pace he had (hes no slouch though) and instead has been putting on some bulk. It may also be because hes had a few years of full-time gym etc in a professional setup.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Really looking forward to the Reds Gala Ball for 2 reasons:

IN ORDER:
1. Jim Carmichael or Richard Graham announcing new signings and or strategy moving the Reds forward into 2015; and

2. Pilecki Award winner

Understand strategy in delays (make sure signings have actually occured) but FFS I just wanna know how WE are going to turn around a shitty 2014 season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You going scrubber? There's also the rookie of the year (Kerevi for sure) and Spirit of the Reds.

Slipper for the Pilecki again I reckon. People's choice is a lottery but would love it to go to Beau.

Plus a couple more Hall of Fame appointments. Id be hoping Tony Shaw and Alec Evans.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't understand all the anger about it. I can understand the anticipation and excitement like in your case Scrubber, we are inquisitive about who they have picked up. But I just don't understand the angry sentiment from some about being left in the dark.

They have been pretty up front saying all signings will be announced than. What the fuck do fans want? To sit in on the fucking negotiations as well? It's not like they're saying just wait until round 1 and you'll see who plays.

T

Train Without a Station

You going scrubber? There's also the rookie of the year (Kerevi for sure) and Spirit of the Reds.

Slipper for the Pilecki again I reckon. People's choice is a lottery but would love it to go to Beau.

Plus a couple more Hall of Fame appointments. Id be hoping Tony Shaw and Alec Evans.

I'm saying Beau as a smokey for the Pilecki award.

Simmons, Horwill and Slipper favorites though. Slipper's couple of missed games through suspension may cost him.

T

Train Without a Station

Screw all you Liam Gill lovers. I'm on the Beau-Bandwagon. Been leading it since 2011!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not overly familiar with the wings running around at the moment, in the past few years and Reds have tried a few club wings at Reds A level and so on but they havn't obviously warranted continued selection (at least from outside looking in) eg ..routledge, simon morohan, umm..can't remember others actually

So I wonder what wings we should be looking at in terms of having them in the wider squad for development?

If Parker continues his form then he's worth a look, with their similar body size he could learn a lot from JOC (James O'Connor) (hopefully only in a training/on field sense). Otherwise I'll be very interested to see how Pincus and Winkley go for country. There are probably others, these are just the ones I'm aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.