• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hunt is a 15 for mine. We have centres. We don't have a fullback. Watching his highlights reminds me how great a support player he was and how well he ran onto Lockyer's and Hodges' passes. I live in hope he will thrive from the back running into Quade's and Samu's passes.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I actually feel JOC (James O'Connor) may end up playing 15 with Hunt in the centers. You need to fit JOC (James O'Connor) somewhere in the side and we have plenty of wingers (more depth in the wings than in the centers IMO), I've said before I think Hunt's ball skills (presuming he hasn't lost them!) and ability could make him an upgraded version of Mike Harris.

A starting team like this looks dangerous, I know its very similar to ones previously posted on the threat:

9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Turner
12. Hunt
13. Kerevi
14. Tongan Thor (okay joking, CFS)
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

T

Train Without a Station

More depth in the wings than the centres?

Excluding JOC (James O'Connor) we have Fainga'a, kerevi, Tapuai and CFS that all play 12 or 13 as their primary position. On the wings we have Turner and Kuridrani with CFS also covering. Kuridrani is not a proven super rugby player.

B

Bobby Sands

Karmichael has such an educated kicking game, will be fantastic in counter-attack, and will act as the "play-maker" in the backfield.

Given that we have three of four sledge-hammers in Kerevi, Taps, CFS & Ant. Let them punch holes in the defense, and allow the more skillful blokes to work off the back of it. To use K as a battering ram is just nonsensical.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Karmichael has such an educated kicking game, will be fantastic in counter-attack, and will act as the "play-maker" in the backfield.

Given that we have three of four sledge-hammers in Kerevi, Taps, CFS & Ant. Let them punch holes in the defense, and allow the more skillful blokes to work off the back of it. To use K as a battering ram is just nonsensical.

indeed.
best part of the bloke is his footballing brain.
use it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
More Reds 2016, as we suspect..

UK types say the Will Genia to Bath deal in 2016 is signed, sealed and delivered. There is some talk Genia wants to explore the ARU’s new “flexible contract” but sources say it would come with a healthy haircut for Australia’s highest paid player, so breath-holding may not be wise.

T

TOCC

No surprise and good on him, his monetary value in Australian has dropped as viable alternatives have been unearthed, so we can't expect him to hang around for less..

If he goes and comes back, it might do him the world of good.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

I think dictating where Karmichael is going to play when no one has seen him play a professional game of rugby in years is nonsensical. Until we see him on a field playing I think it remains to be seen where he is best suited to.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah sure but the basis of forums such as this is discussion. One of the most basic means of this on a rugby site is picking teams. You suggesting we should no longer engage in this?

Time to shut down the forum I guess.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

kerevi maybe a sledgehammer but the others - you are dreaming and I will wait to see if K Hunt has "such an educated kicking game" FFS the bloke hasn't ever played super rugby. Let him breathe for a minute.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah sure but the basis of forums such as this is discussion. One of the most basic means of this on a rugby site is picking teams. You suggesting we should no longer engage in this?

Time to shut down the forum I guess.

I never meant that at all.

In fact I selected a team and was then told Khunt in the centres was 'nonsensical'. I'm merely saying why shut down someones idea and pigeon hole a player to a position when all we're doing is basing this off an assumption of where he will fit best.

My post above was actually trying to state what you just said - this is a discussion and no one is necessarily wrong in this situation.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Compared to the Brumbies and Tahs the forwards look soft. I think the Force have a much stronger back-row too.

Really need some more strong ball-runners.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Compared to the Brumbies and Tahs the forwards look soft. I think the Force have a much stronger back-row too.

Really need some more strong ball-runners.

See Sully's post above.

Would also advocate JOC (James O'Connor) moving to lock.

Then problem solved !

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
thoughts on the hunt at 12?

With To'omua underperforming at national level this year i reckon that could be his best chance at cracking the wobs.

How's his distributions skills? If their good enough I think he'd fit the role pretty well but it would still take time to adapt to 12, I think longer then 15. In regards to the wallabies I'd prefer an experienced 12 in a pivot role like 12. A player with only a years experience in the position will get caught out at test level.

Plus his high ball skills and kicking game from AFL would seem like a massive strength at 15.

I think we are likely to see him start on the wing for experience then progress to 15. If he excels we could always shift Falou to the wing for the wallabies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
While we are talking shit:

Slipper to 10, Great tackler, has soft hands and good reactions. Whilst slow compared to other classy 10's he would just catch abnd pass and then crashball into his opposite, stand in the tackle and deliver ball inside or out to close support players. Don't think strategic kicking would be in his quiver.

Bit like Olsen Filipina, who played for Balmain, back in the day.

Will try and put my mind to less radical moves but this one has just exhausted me. Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.