• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I love how it's been mostly Reds fans chatting in here until Quade goes down, then all the experts (from other franchises) chime in and tell us the sky is falling.
All teams are going to have to deal with injuries to key players. I think I'd prefer them 3 weeks before the comp starts rather than 3 weeks before the finals.
But yeah, call us vulnerable or say our season's over. That's just the way we like it.
We'll be right. :D
Duncan McRae played 10 for the Waratahs and he wasn't that great.

I rest my case.

I mean case closed.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez, Scoey. Have you checked the Tahs thread? I mean, this place is nuts, there are people from all over the place commenting. I ain't even looking at other franchises - it's probably anarchy!!
;) ;) ;)
But seriously, bummed to see Quade out. I was keen to see what he had after a good pre-season. We need him in the mix.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You leave Punchy McRae out of it BH! And you leave my chip alone too! If you want one for your shoulder then you're gonna have to get your own!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It is anarchy Cyclo. Standards have been slipping since your lot won the whole shebang-a-bang last year. Blue folk mixin with Red folk. It just ain't right.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Are these recent injuries? I was at training a week and a half ago and everyone was training except Quirk and Simmo. I was told that everyone bar Ed would be available for the trial.

Yes, all injuries occurring either this week or last week

McDuling (Glute tear) No info as of yet
Simmons (Shoulder) Rd 3-4
JOC (James O'Connor) (Knee) Rd 2-3
Tapuai (Hamstring) Rd 4-5
Cooper (Collarbone) Rd 8-9
McIntyre (Knee) Indefinite

Currently Rd 1 team looks;

1. Slipper
2. S. Fainga'a
3. Holmes
4. Horwill
5. O'Donoghue
6. Thompson
7. Gill
8. Schatz
9. Genia
10. Pa'aiua
11. F'Sautia
12. A. Fainga'a
13. Kerevi
14. Turner
15. Hunt

Bench;

16. Daley
17. Hanson
18. Talakai
19. Browning (Super Rugby)
20. Tui
21. Frisby
22. Taulagi
23. Kuridrani / Robinson

Depending on the bench split

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Disappointing for Quade - on his day he is something special and I was looking forward to him turning it on this year. He got a bit of unfair treatment at the last world cup and I would love to see him have a world cup this year that people remember for the right reasons. Hope he has time to get back to full form and fitness.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
21. Frisby
22. Taulagi
23. Kuridrani / Robinson

Depending on the bench split
So JJ the backup 10-15

And Holmes ready to trial (24 Jan) : "Allora product Greg Holmes says he will be fit to play when the Queensland Reds take the field for the first time in 2015 in a week's time. Holmes required a shoulder operation after picking up an injury during the NRC..."

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes, all injuries occurring either this week or last week

McDuling (Glute tear) No info as of yet
Simmons (Shoulder) Rd 3-4
JOC (James O'Connor) (Knee) Rd 2-3
Tapuai (Hamstring) Rd 4-5
Cooper (Collarbone) Rd 8-9
McIntyre (Knee) Indefinite

<snip>

So before the season (or even a preseason match) has even started, 1/4 of the run on team is injured?

Unbeliveable...... :S

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I wonder if the extreme heat followed by extreme rain has had something to do with all the injuries. Weather has been pretty fucked so far this year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I was wondering if it's still a S&C issue or just shit luck? Or was it something to do with the program they are running. 2 knees and 2 glute/hamstring issues in a week seems more than shit luck.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
According the Courier mail, the opposed training got a little willing, Quade may have been looking for payback and got crunched. Probably all bullshit, but highlights the team are on edge ahead of 2015. Good sign, i just hope they leave enough players standing to take the field.
THat article reads like JOC (James O'Connor) is still ok. Although it doesn't specifically state that - just refers to Richard perferring Duncan at 10 over James who he wants to stay on the wing. Surely if JOC (James O'Connor) were injured, that would have been the opportune moment to say something like "Nope, james is broken as well".

Payback for a shoulder charge - at a practice session. Lolo should go sit in the naughty corner.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
THat article reads like JOC (James O'Connor) is still ok. Although it doesn't specifically state that - just refers to Richard perferring Duncan at 10 over James who he wants to stay on the wing. Surely if JOC (James O'Connor) were injured, that would have been the opportune moment to say something like "Nope, james is broken as well".

Payback for a shoulder charge - at a practice session. Lolo should go sit in the naughty corner.

For a coach to name a player and to blame him for the injury that Quade Cooper suffered in an interview is one of the poorest examples a coach could set for his players.

The injury to Quade hearing from a few Reds players was a total accident. Quade also finished the session after that hit. Imo very very poor from Richard Graham to shove the blame upon a younger, more inexperienced member of the squad.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
If the training was on Thursday were they out in the torrential rain? Bad shit happens at training in heavy rain I always think. Anyine going out tomorrow to the fan day. I fucked my ankle on the bike the other day and am laid up.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
For a coach to name a player and to blame him for the injury that Quade Cooper suffered in an interview is one of the poorest examples a coach could set for his players.

The injury to Quade hearing from a few Reds players was a total accident. Quade also finished the session after that hit. Imo very very poor from Richard Graham to shove the blame upon a younger, more inexperienced member of the squad.
You really need to learn to read and comprehend.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Here is the article: http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...s-of-super-rugby/story-fndpt9s1-1227196072356

No where does it have RG blaming Lolo, it reads as being based on observations anyone at training could of made.

Is it wrong that this makes me feel better about the injury? Don't get me wrong I don't want to see players injured at training, but seeing some of the venom that was missing from the pack last year come into play seems to be a positive sign.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Probably that indicates that Duncan P has impressed at training.
Could be a bit of humble pie coming my way......

Status
Not open for further replies.