• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

JOC (James O'Connor) likely to only be considered for a back 3 position and as suggested earlier, Duncan is expected to get first shot at 5/8 with Karmichael the backup ..

“Karmichael has dabbled in that space in training but his primary focus has been on fullback and at this stage it’s important for him to keep concentrating on that important role,” Graham said.
“Quade and Duncan have been the two 10s who have trained pre-season in that position so at this point Duncan is the front-runner. He has really impressed the way he has picked up the way we want to play the game.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s-michael-cheika/story-e6frg7o6-1227196385207

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
That has to be the best option first up. JOC (James O'Connor) is logical back up though as a stop gap. Pity he's out to rd 3. JJ will have to fulfill that role until then .

Hopefully Kerevi, Taps and McDuling are ok for rd 1

T

TOCC

Not directly related to the Reds of 2015. But, Stan Pilecki has received a Medal of the Order of Australia for his service to rugby union.

Stan Pilecki played in the 1984 Grand Slam Wallabies side and was the first player to reach 100 games for QLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

For a coach to name a player and to blame him for the injury that Quade Cooper suffered in an interview is one of the poorest examples a coach could set for his players.

The injury to Quade hearing from a few Reds players was a total accident. Quade also finished the session after that hit. Imo very very poor from Richard Graham to shove the blame upon a younger, more inexperienced member of the squad.

Check your facts.....

From The Australian:

Reds coach Richard Graham slammed reports that suggested Cooper’s injury was the result of an attempted “revenge tackle” on under-20s backrower Lolo Fakaosilea in a training game on Thursday, and said it was nothing more than an innocuous collision.

“It sheds light on a 19-year-old kid that certainly isn’t warranted,” Graham said.

“That’s the disappointing thing, it happens a thousand times every training session.”

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...bid-quade-cooper/story-e6frg6n6-1227197585695

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't know anything about young Duncan personally but I can only recount what a young fella who was a schoolboy and age grade rep peer of his of his told me when I asked,

"He's the best player I've ever seen mate"

The young bloke in question played with and against guys like Browning, CFS, Kerevi etc. so it's a fair endorsement.

I hope he's right because if we don't pick up 4 or 5 wins before Quade returns we're fucked

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any more info on McDulings injury? Unfortunately if its long term (as in missing another season) you'd have to think the bloke might not be cut out for the stress that being a professional sportsman puts on the body. Ive been a skeptic of McDuling over the years but after his NRC campaign I was looking forward to him getting some decent minutes for the Reds.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
TBG - Apparently just a twinge in the Hammy. Minor but exercising caution to avoid in being a recurring thing. Will be potentially fine for round 1 or shortly after

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Cairns is looking to turn on a warm welcome. Somewhere shy of 30 degrees and 74% humidity for Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
74% humidity will damage some of the Reb boys I'd say. Just hope both teams come through unscathed. We don't need another year of injury crises.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Townsville today was awful. 35, high humidity. It feels like hell. It'll definitely be a tough trial on both teams

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm all for spreading the game (especially into the Leaguie infested areas to the North) but playing trial games during Jan/Feb in a city with a tropical climate isn't great planning. With the forecast heat and humidity I wouldn't be surprised if the game turned into a sloppy affair with plenty of rain, not an ideal hit out first off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.