• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think we'll have more jerseys next year than ever before.

Pre-season, Home, Away (which will probably only get a run vs the Crusaders), Ladies Round Pink Jersey, Anzac Jersey, Indigenous Jersey, Scrum Jersey & Superhero jersey.

Possibly a training jersey too.

Do SANZAR legislate on a maximum number of jerseys per season? If not, maybe they should.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Maybe they will eventually have a different jersey for each half:cool:

Tim32

Frank Row (1)
I don't mind the Reds jerseys - the indigenous one in particular is a gem - but can we end the 'we are red' chant over the loudspeakers? Just doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Queenslander'.

T

TOCC

Multiple jerseys are a modern reality as a byproduct of professionalism and consumerism, it's reported in nearly every sporting league that multiple jerseys have lead to increased merchandise sales.

I'm not for or against, as long as the Red jersey remains the primary jersey and alternate jerseys are only used for clashes or special occasions.

In reality, rugby union has been a little slower to adopt the trend as its been occurring In the other codes on a large scale for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I don't mind the Reds jerseys - the indigenous one in particular is a gem - but can we end the 'we are red' chant over the loudspeakers? Just doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Queenslander'.

I think of the Reds as being a franchise based in QLD, not a QLD team so I dont want a Queenslander chant at games.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Just renewed my daughters membership, 20% of toddler and baby memberships until tomorrow morning.

Members cap for $10 as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If Michalak is the answer then the question is wrong.

McIntyer has shown enough that he isn't going to completely fail at this level.

Green also has a game that should be suited to super rugby.

T

TOCC

It would only make sense if Michalak was made available from Feb... June is too late, the mentoring needs to start early.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Jerseys are on Reds website for $160 plus you get 10% off as a member.

Just noticed on BLK website they've uploaded a "Pre-Season" jersey. Don't think we've ever had a pre-season shirt before Maybe it will be popular with all the QueeNZlanders around town.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams-r...ca-jersey-pre-season-2016-qrjr416gnm?nav=5863 View attachment 7297

Off topic, I know, but, IMO:
Best name-change by a Marketing Dept: "Lucky Goldstar" to "LG".

Worst name-change by a Marketing Dept: "KooGa" to "BLK"!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If Michalak is the answer then the question is wrong.

McIntyer has shown enough that he isn't going to completely fail at this level.

Green also has a game that should be suited to super rugby.
They aren't going to build a season around him,just get him as mid season cover in the event the youngsters fail.
I'm much more bullish on Greene's prospects than I am with Jake M.
But both have big question marks over them,so it can't hurt to get someone/anyone as a back up.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
T

TOCC

I agree buuut KooGa is still working in UK as KooGa so they can't be called: "KG"

Kooga UK is a completely seperate company to BLK Australia, BLK held the Kooga license in Australia but they outgrew their UK counterpart and decided to cease the partnership, hence the name change.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kooga UK is a completely seperate company to BLK Australia, BLK held the Kooga license in Australia but they outgrew their UK counterpart and decided to cease the partnership, hence the name change.

Yeah, I know. They are separate companies, for that reason they must have different names, not something similar like: "KooGa" and "KG".

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Beyond Limits Known (BLK) kinda represents the technology in the development of the sports wear. I prefer that to just Kooga.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Where is Ben from? I'm not sure if he was born in OZ or NZ

Sydney boy I think. Played 100 club games for Norths Sydney.

I was out at Ballymore yesterday for something and all the talk was how hard the squad was working. There is a real fear of Damian Marsh apparently and he's got them all working their arses off. The Friday double session was apparently the stuff of nightmares.

Also got to see Brad Thorn doing a big session with the Under 20s team. The guy just has this aura about him. Looks fit too...

And finally the Goromuru signing is paying off off-field as well as on. The Japanese are going nuts about him and it should open up some big opportunities for the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.