• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Off topic, I know, but, IMO:
Best name-change by a Marketing Dept: "Lucky Goldstar" to "LG".

Worst name-change by a Marketing Dept: "KooGa" to "BLK"!!

Bank of New South Wales to Westpac was pretty good.

(Incidentally, the new name is derived from the words "Western Pacific", which is where the corporate focus was to be when they were reorganising).

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Looking for numbers for the GAGR Brisbane Christmas drinks. Please let us know if your coming so we know what to organise. Yeah I know it's Queensland and no one plans that far ahead.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The fastest guy in the NRL, signing NRL players is all clubs seem to be doing isn't it?
Why would the Reds (or specifically Rugby Union) go after someone that can't make it, or the NRL don't want? We have enough of them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Looking for numbers for the GAGR Brisbane Christmas drinks. Please let us know if your coming so we know what to organise. Yeah I know it's Queensland and no one plans that far ahead.

A mate and I will be there Sully.

To counter the classic QLD blasé attitude to planning ahead for these types of events, I vote that we start RSVPing for some of the regulars on here.

Get on board Rugby fans! It will be just like the best internet Rugby forum only realler and betterer and with beer! :D

Red-L

Frank Nicholson (4)
Why would the Reds (or specifically Rugby Union) go after someone that can't make it, or the NRL don't want? We have enough of them already.

C'mon mate, He is Dally M centre of the year. Defiantly has talent and would go close to being the fastest in both codes. It was more tongue in cheek in regards of the influx of League players.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
C'mon mate, He is Dally M centre of the year. Defiantly has talent and would go close to being the fastest in both codes. It was more tongue in cheek in regards of the influx of League players.
We need to develop Union players from grass roots through to Super Rugby. I'm not one for a "Swingers" arrangement between Union and NRL. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the League but I am against "hot swapping" players between codes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds playing two Ballymore trials next year. v Crusaders.................

Explains the Reds' "pre-season" jersey.

Match is on Waitangi Day so may not be too many CruSadists supporters there as there tends to be plenty on at e.g. Kingston Butter Factory, Greenbank RSL & Upper Coomera College (the three most-recent organised Waitangi Day events I've attended) plus various BBQ's etc: kinda like Straya Day but with not quite as many pissed Strayans & more pissed kiwis :)

I shall have to begin negotiating with wifey for a day pass!

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Speaking of internationals still no news on the foreign player set to join the Reds in 2016.

Hendrick Tui & Ayumu Goromaru are both under Japnese and or transitional contracts for the season, which leaves the international spot still to fill.

The longer the Reds wait for an international Fly-half, the more I see Brad Thorn stepping into the squad as the international player in 2016.

You would have to think most international 10's are now sold or have their future plans sorted out by now. You can't have a fly-half start mid pre season block into the new year and expect much cohesion built around the team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah I was surprised by that as well. Perhaps with the NRC going country they feel less a need to take the Reds there? It's quite a costly exercise for the host region. Particularly as the Reds like to get in and out pretty quickly (which lessens the potential flow on benefits from clinics and lunches etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
last year's Crusaders trial was on Waitangi Day as well.

Yup, Friday 6th Feb 2015, sadly it was my "lates" week & I couldn't find a viable way of getting there & back with some pre- and/or post-match beer intake so had to give it a miss. The various Waitangi Day events were on the weekend, we went to Upper Coomera on Saturday afternoon & were due to hit the Greenbank Saturday night but ran into wifey's Aunty at UC so that was the end of that..........

Next year I'm thinking of proposing to wifey that Saturday be rugby day with her driving & Sunday a Waitangi Day-themed event of her choice with me driving. Or bribing the nephew who's on his P plates so can't & wont drink anyways....... it's a delicate balancing act & timing will be key but I'm hopeful of pulling it off :)

EDIT: just remembered its Day 1 of the Auckland 9's so wifey & nephew both being Ngati League could give me some leverage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.