• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds have confirmed the signature of Moore for 2017-2019..

c6c1fd91549dec25c4772c23fffe0ff0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ OK, just enough time before they do the "please turn off your electronic devices" spiel (I'm on Emirates so they do it in all the native tongues of the flight crew, takes a while):

From @Dismal Pillock's take on PROMOTHEUS, Nov 18, 2015:

Best moment was when smug humanoid robot, after travelling thru space for 2 years, finally meets 7 ft tall original human. After having rudely woken the huge lug up from his peaceful millenial slumber, he blabs some mumbo jumbo up at him and the giant lug cradles wee mans face as the little fella looks all contented, his lifes work at fruition, then the big c**t just rips the rude little shits head off and chucks it over there. "I don't care how far you've come, don't wake me up. C**t."

image.jpeg

EDIT: they be having wifi on this here A380-800: that, as they say in far-car-tar-nay, is choice as, bro.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Too early for a 2017 thread, but this will be a formidable tight five:

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Douglas
5. Simmons

Nup, I think we will be hearing a bit about 2017 signings over the next few months

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/al...two-changes-to-all-blacks-management-for-2016

Mick Byrne has returned to Brisbane...would someone from the QRU please shoot him an email

"G'day Mick, hearing that you've up and returned to God's country. Well done on making those Kiwi bastards so sharp through the hands and off the boot. Bet that RWC medal looks good on the mantle. Bloody stoked for you. Even though you may be keen on relaxing for a bit just want you to know that when you feel the itch to coach rugby again, there is a cushy full time gig here at Ballymore for you. Let us know

Jim"

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nah, we needed to bread new THPs. I really rate Sammy Talakai and I'm guessing the Reds do too.

Plus Sef Fa'agase and Taniela Tupou have great potential too.

T

TOCC

It is bad news, but I can't see Holmes playing many tests after 2016 if he had stayed, he will be 35 in 2017. The bad news is the lack of tight heads below him and kepu..

Also, dear Brumbies CEO, this is how you farewell a departing player:

"Queensland Rugby Union Executive General Manager - Reds, Daniel Herbert, paid tribute to Holmes as a player and a man and said he would be leaving the Reds with the blessing of the organisation and all its followers.

"Greg has been one of the Reds' unsung heroes over the last decade and holds a special place within Queensland Rugby," he said.

"He has helped inspire a new generation of Rugby fans this year as part of the Wallabies side that reached the Rugby World Cup final. His test recall at the age of 32 is testament to his work ethic. "

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
He has a FB video sendoff aswell. This has been well done.

Reds have great TH potential coming through, but could make a play for ex Brissie boy PAE in 2017.

While we don't reaaaaaly need him, Australian rugby could use him, probably Rebels again.I think that will have been close to his full contracted time up there.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It is bad news, but I can't see Holmes playing many tests after 2016 if he had stayed, he will be 35 in 2017. The bad news is the lack of tight heads below him and kepu..

Also, dear Brumbies CEO, this is how you farewell a departing player:

"Queensland Rugby Union Executive General Manager - Reds, Daniel Herbert, paid tribute to Holmes as a player and a man and said he would be leaving the Reds with the blessing of the organisation and all its followers.

"Greg has been one of the Reds' unsung heroes over the last decade and holds a special place within Queensland Rugby," he said.

"He has helped inspire a new generation of Rugby fans this year as part of the Wallabies side that reached the Rugby World Cup final. His test recall at the age of 32 is testament to his work ethic. "

Yes its good, but before I start getting sanctimonious my mind wanders on to QC (Quade Cooper).

Status
Not open for further replies.