• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

In all fairness TBD, I think it's more so that McIntyre, the NRC Premier's 10 is finally fit and has a couple of games under his belt and he would have played from the first trial had he been available.

Obviously Toulon is right in the hunt that's no doubt. Can't see any benefit from hiding it though. Firstly if he is signed it gives Cheika the incentive to ensure he plays him 8 times this year to ensure he's available whenever he wants or needs him in the future.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
In all fairness TBD, I think it's more so that McIntyre, the NRC Premier's 10 is finally fit and has a couple of games under his belt and he would have played from the first trial had he been available.

Obviously Toulon is right in the hunt that's no doubt. Can't see any benefit from hiding it though. Firstly if he is signed it gives Cheika the incentive to ensure he plays him 8 times this year to ensure he's available whenever he wants or needs him in the future.
Could have a clause that says if he doesn't get 8 games his out ;)

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unfair to Graham? maybe. But I would have thought Greene or one of the other club/NRC 10's could have been given a crack - even if from the bench. But, to the best of my knowledge none even entered squad training (could easily be wrong here)

Apologies for starting a sentence with "but" - terrible grammar

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Just on McIntyre - certainly has good aspects to his game at 10, but isn't his rather weak kicking a concern? I noticed last week a few attempts to find touch didn't really get near the side line, and incidentally, that's how I remember him from the U20s last year as well.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
My take is a replacement or substitution is numbers 16 to 23 and playing member is numbers 1 to 15 or any substitution who actually takes the field.

Sounds like they are picking up uncapped members of the matchday 23. That's generally referred to as the "matchday squad".

It's confusing because of how they now refer to the team list. Using the term squad implies reference to the entirety of the touring party, but I don't think that's the case.
Yep you're right. Just found this also at works rugby site

DEFINITIONS
A Team. A team consists of fifteen players who start the match plus any authorised replacements and/or substitutes.
Replacement. A player who replaces an injured team-mate.
Substitute. A player who replaces a team-mate for tactical reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Chibba is a big loss.

While Fainga'a has put in some great shifts for the Wallabies in recent times, he rarley transfers that to the Reds.

Hanson on the other hand, along with his front row mates Slipper & Holmes, are consistently putting in strong performances. I see this as a big loss for 2016

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Its a big loss but probably one to be expected.

He's a good enough player to be getting a starter's salary, and he wouldn't have been getting that at the Reds.

Someone else in the other thread said it well - lucky to keep him this long.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There's a silver lining to the cloud. Hanson's departure will pave way for Andrew Ready. I've followed Ready through the schoolboy ranks. He has enormous potential and would love to see that potential being unlocked with more game time at Super level.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Just on McIntyre - certainly has good aspects to his game at 10, but isn't his rather weak kicking a concern? I noticed last week a few attempts to find touch didn't really get near the side line, and incidentally, that's how I remember him from the U20s last year as well.

He's also hitting the line to set his runners up, working his ass off in support to get second touches and extend plays, and tackling like a fucking demon. We've been playing a 9 at 10 all season and finally found some kind of fluency in our attack last week - our season is also effectively "over".

Nobody is saying MacIntyre is the end-all-be-all of QLD Rugby fly-halves but he's sure as shit been a lot better than anything we've seen all season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This will make the hooker options interesting for the Reds. Ready is still very early in his career and FTS hasn't been signed yet has he? Albert might be a good pick up for the Reds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.