• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Assuming the rising want to work on whoever his replacement is, Neville should play nrc up here. If so hopefully he goes to country, might not have any real connection, but it should mean pairings of murday and Neville at country and mcduling and kotze at city, maximising the chances they all get to impress.

It does say he'll join us at the end of the super rugby season, so I would assume he'd be here for the NRC.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
True that would be good, but there's also a lot of talk that Stiles will be Wallabies fwds coach. Would that be a full time gig?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I actually think it might be a good idea if the Wallaby assistant coaches were otherwise with the provinces going forward, assuming it can be balanced. With Chieka full time wallabies from next year there's plenty of room for a Grey, Larkham, Stiles combo of assistants splitting time between provinces and wallabies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hopefully Thorn can get some mongrel into Neville. He is big enough and got some skills, Thorn could be just the person to get that extra 10% out of him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hasn't he struggled for the last year and a bit?
Your new coach likes him.

“I have had my eye on Cadeyrn now for a number of seasons. I first met with him in the middle of 2011 leading into the 2012 Super Rugby season. He was reasonably new into his Rugby career at that stage but had come from an elite rowing program. He had all the physical qualities that I felt we could develop and a genuine desire to be the best he could in his new sport,” Graham said.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Your new coach likes him.

“I have had my eye on Cadeyrn now for a number of seasons. I first met with him in the middle of 2011 leading into the 2012 Super Rugby season. He was reasonably new into his Rugby career at that stage but had come from an elite rowing program. He had all the physical qualities that I felt we could develop and a genuine desire to be the best he could in his new sport,” Graham said.

New coach??? You had my hopes up for a minute.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We've also signed Brad Thorn as a coach - "Emerging Forward Coach" for what its worth.
The article I read said that he will be back in Brisbane in about a month once he finishes playing in England.
So it will be good if we can get him in around the squad straight away. The boys could be in for a big 2016 preseason! :)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I would've thought after the appalling butcher's bill of the last few years the most important signing would be a decent strength & conditioning coach. There must be plenty of 'em with decent qualifications languishing as 2ICs at other pro teams.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I would've thought after the appalling butcher's bill of the last few years the most important signing would be a decent strength & conditioning coach. There must be plenty of 'em with decent qualifications languishing as 2ICs at other pro teams.

Hopefully Thorn will keep an eye on what is occurring, he seems to be able to stay fit

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
You would think so. Sadly you are underestimating the festering issue of having to work with RG, which is probably the reason no S&C guy worth his salt is sticking his hand up for the gig.

Itsadundeel

Frank Row (1)
Hi guys, first time poster long time reader, thought my first post should be something constructive and my old man is a good mate of tony shaws, and recently he was over in Christchurch for work and he ran into Ewan, now Ewan is quite successful with his own business outside of rugby but what astounded me about the meeting was that when tony asked Ewan if there had been any contact about replacing Richard graham he said no not at all, and proceeded to say he was free! Why the bloody hell has a proven, successful and even masterful coach such as Ewan not even been approached, it's just bloody embarrassing the way the QRU are running the game atm

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Why the bloody hell has a proven, successful and even masterful coach such as Ewan not even been approached

I'm not too sure the ARU would be all that thrilled to re-employee Link just yet (that's not to say he was rightly or wrongly forced out).[/quote]

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Also given the impending FWA case with Di - that McKenzie and ARU aren't touching each other in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.