• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
CFS - you don't see him putting on any of those crazy steps he used to have, and looks like he has lost speed.

Have you seen how fast Lachie Turner isn't?? Supposed to be the fastest rugby bloke on the planet when he joined us. Hadn't thought about CFS slowing down too. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't seem as fast as he was, and he's not old yet.

I've been wondering if there is an S&C thing going on. Have they been pushing power and size at the expense of outright speed? Then I wonder how that might play out behind a team with too many (and on-going) injuries.

Where are we in retention/changing HP and S&C staff?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have you seen how fast Lachie Turner isn't?? Supposed to be the fastest rugby bloke on the planet when he joined us. Hadn't thought about CFS slowing down too. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't seem as fast as he was, and he's not old yet.

I've been wondering if there is an S&C thing going on. Have they been pushing power and size at the expense of outright speed? Then I wonder how that might play out behind a team with too many (and on-going) injuries.

Where are we in retention/changing HP and S&C staff?

I don't think anyone seriously thought he was anywhere near as fast as he used to be when we signed him. His experience/professionalism was the stand out quality.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ha! Sorry mate, I meant on his signing by the Reds. AT THAT POINT IN TIME.

Long may be continue.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Best not to forget that Turner also had his hamstring torn from where it is meant to be and missed a whole season. That type of thing would have to have an effect on your top end speed, and would i imagine remove any chance of hitting the top straps ever again?

I will qualify this and say im not an S&C type, so i am happy to be corrected if wrong.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Lachie broke his leg and had to have it put back together together with plates and screws. It was 100% certain at that point that his high 10s/low 11s 100m day were well and truly behind him.

Horwill was the one who tore his entire hamstring off the bone - the thought of which actually terrifies me :eek:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK, more going on than I knew.

Btw, to clarify, Lachie is my stand up armed this year.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Perhaps we'll see Beau take on a Peter Hynes role at QRU? Beau appears not to be driven financially, so he may happily hang up the boots to take a more hands on role in the community.

I and I'm sure many others would appreciate a character like Beau being almost the community link to the Reds. Hell, let him be the guy who takes "Red" to the primary schools during the week!
The goodna pub he worked at lost it's bouncer recently

T

TOCC

Maybe the Reds were concerned about the retention of Gill and wanted to lock in Gunn as a safety measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Is Thomson off at the end of the season? I reckon the Reds will be in the market for a blindside flanker..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Losing CFS will be a positive or negative depending on who they replace him with.

Sad if it happens but at the same time not the end of the world.

I agree with the right coach and physical preparation he could be anything

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm sad but happy about it. I am happy that CFS might go on and get a whole lot better, but sad because he is still one of my favourite players.

But agree with Hugh Jarse. Its fucked to think that the top level of QLD rugby is actually the worst for player growth. CFS is a prime example because he just bypassed QPR and went straight into Reds. He was never nurtured in premier or nrc and had to hit it with the big dogs straight out of school. You'd think in the three or four years he has been in a professional set up his skill set would have improved dramatically but it hasn't really changed from when he was a 17 year old. There is something very wrong about that.

There is something totally rotten in the QLD S&C set-up and the rumours of trouble between S&C and head coach. This is the issue that has to be fixed whether RG survives or not.

Look at the Waratahs. They have lost Sam Lousi for the season and I'm really disappointed about that because his play this year oozed potential. And that's it - one squad member. We've lost a couple of the reserves for a week or two I think. Last year Dennis was crocked for the finals, Palu missed a couple of games and I think Chapman was out for a while early in the season. Now compare that with the Reds: if you think that's just dumb luck you need to do a course in statistics. The chances that the injury results are from one population and the Reds S&C is just as good as the Tahs must be one in a few millions.

If CFS comes to Sydney, I'll bet my house he will be conditioned properly and will be available all season, just like Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau and company are. The Reds need to get this right because you can't lose a third or more of your squad to injury every season and still hope to perform.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Either way, surely it means he's looking at Brisbane as a long term prospect. Be it living there next year, or in two years after Toulon. It can only be good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.