• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchman

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone know the contractual status of UJ Seuteni? Used to be in the reds system and was one of our most talented prospects. Had injuries, went overseas and surely he wouldn't be getting much game time in Toulon.
He's spent two years of there and would've have learnt alot, now turns 23. To me he seems like a more prepared version of anything we have ATM.

Here is a video of him playing Prem grade at Easts in 2013/14 when he was 20ish to jog your memories.

I am friends with UJ's brother chris who is also in france. Apparently they are both off contract next season and want to come back to Australia....Chris sent me a link to their highlights....looks good but think he has only had 4 or 5 top14 games this year. I read in midi olympique (french rugby paper) UJ is joining Oyonnax on loan next season to get more game time.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It is a shame there is no transfer payments for the team that develops a player along the way. Reds would have a bit of money from all the talent they have provided to the world

Maybe charge the leaving player's managers a transfer fee. Say 50% of their 10% they pick up from a French club. Then we could buy back our best players;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QRU Media Release: Richard Barker appointed new Queensland Rugby Union CEO

The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) has appointed Richard Barker, who is currently General Manager – Southern Cross Austereo Brisbane, as its new CEO following an extensive selection process.

QRU Chairman Damien Frawley said: “Richard has run one of Queensland’s highest profile media companies for the past 30 years and we believe he has the experience, skills and knowledge of all levels of the game to successfully lead the organisation in what is one of the toughest sporting markets in the world. I look forward to working with Richard over the coming years as we continue to grow interest and participation in Rugby at the grassroots level and build a platform for the sustained success of our elite teams.”

Richard Barker said: “I am very proud and honoured to have been offered the role of Queensland Rugby Union CEO. I am excited to be joining QRU and intend to make a difference. I am aware of the important responsibilities that come with this role in representing all key stakeholders. There’s work to be done and I’m looking forward to rolling up my sleeves to help to make rugby a game for all.”

Barker is well known to the Queensland Rugby community. He and his family have had a long and successful involvement in the game from school boys through to Queensland Reds and Wallabies. He is a former captain of the Queensland Country Rugby union team and played against Fiji, Canada and the touring All Blacks in the mid-1980s. As a schoolboy, Barker played Rugby at St. Joseph’s Nudgee College representing the school First XV for two years. Throughout the 1980s he played Premier Grade in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition for Teachers-Norths, as well as for the Pioneers Rugby club in Rockhampton. More recently, he has been a junior Rugby coach at grassroots level.

Barker began his media career in 1981 with Australian Posters Outdoor Advertising. In 1986, he joined Radio 4BK. Barker was a member of the team that successfully launched B105FM in February 1990, later becoming Sales Director and then General Manager of B105FM.

In 2003, Barker was appointed General Manager, Southern Cross Austereo Brisbane, overseeing both the B105FM and 104.5 Triple M brands in Queensland. He has been a board member of the Children's Hospital Foundation Queensland and of the Brisbane Powerhouse. In recent years, Barker has participated in the CEO Sleepout for Vinnies, which raises valuable funds for the homeless and last year he was the highest fundraiser in Queensland.

Barker will begin the CEO role at a date to be announced.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
new coach to be finalised within the next 4 to 6 weeks. They won't wait for Barker to sign off on it, but will keep him in formed.

Barker likely to start in about 8 weeks.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Richard has got a job on his hands. Anyone know him? Being a radio man, I'd assume he will be good at the commercial side of things. saw him on the news tonight and he admitted the first thing the Reds need in order to build a good team is a good coach. I am looking forward to who they unveil.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Have to wish him the best. With Carmichael gone they needed to move quickly. Done.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Kepu has been released from his Bordeaux contract and is returning to Australia.
Geez he'd go alright as a replacement for Holmes.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Bugger. The rugby.com.au article from this morning said that his playing future in Aus hadn't been decided yet.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's been a tremendous, as has his brother.

Fantastic on the field at the height of QLD's performances and just unbelievable off the field. They gave back so much for so many and will be fondly remembered.

But in the end, this (and Saia's) was the right call for all involved. This seems like one of the better player departures from every angle.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ ???

We have CFS signed with the Reds until end 2017 on the "Status Report" on Page 1 of this thread.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
They are if the club wants them to be. All these early releases have been done with the respective clubs' consent, if the club doesn't consent the player stays. Mostly common sense seems to triumph as there's little point in a club insisting a disgruntled player stay. But the club must consent in every case for the player to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.