• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I agree with the wholesale coaching staff except Brad Thorn. Lets promote him to HC! Doubt the Reds would want to open the chequebook for a marquee HC so I think Thorn is the best internal hire.

Isn't Thorn supposed to be the contact coach?

Because our contact zone work is probably the worst in Super Rugby by a large margin.

Another coach with little-to-no top-flight coaching experience?

Mate, stop outing yourself as a QRU board member on here.

Roundy

Frank Row (1)
Bring back Graham. Why is no one calling for Stiles' head. He is all puff, no substance !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK QRU/Reds. It's Groundhog Day.

What's the next plan? "International" searches through the Ballymore car park have none of us convinced. What's next.

Stiles, Gilmore and the other bloke are not it. What's next.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As a former QLDer is still annoys me to watch that match. Watching the game how did they not win by 10/15.

As an Australian rugby supporter please, please, please stop picking absolute plonkers like Simmons. I am sure hes a lovely guy but he has no grunt, no impact, no skills, no aggression on the field, but wait he can run a semi decent lineout and he has good ruck involvements.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We're fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
We're fucking shit, we're fucking shit,
We're fucking shit, we're fucking shit, we're fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We're fucking shit, we're fucking shit,
We're fucking shit, we're fucking shit, we're fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Nope it won't do, we need the soundtrack. Repost it bloke. See how long it lasts. Cheer me up with sanity/humour/honesty.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
The reality is none of the four coaches should have ever been appointed (as discussed ad nauseam here) and we are getting the results as expected.

Worst season ever, worst defensive season ever, underwhelming attack and a laughable contribution in terms of contact.

All four should be gone tonight. Obviously, that won't happen won't happen with a gutless board led by those who were quite content to re-appoint Graham.

What scares me the most in terms of Australian rugby is the chat (which has been ongoing for 2 years) for Thorn as HC. People can have opinions and such but it worries me that people in DM roles may share said opinions.

Playing is not coaching. Ask the Rebels and their historically awful attack, how a coach with no coaching experience is going. Probably the same as our contact.

The only plausible theory from the last 4 years is that this is all Stiles long term revenge plan as payback for being cut from the squad on 90-odd caps. He was always bitter it took so long to get picked as a young player and then to miss 100 caps really drove him nuts. Destroying the Reds on and off-field must be the end result of that.

As ludicrous as that sounds, for a guy who claims to love QLD and the Reds he seems very happy to produce these efforts in front of dwindling crowds week in week out.

On the plus side, we have conceded 52 tries so far this season. Only 1 to go to level the Wilkins/Graham embarrassment of 2015. I'm expecting a contract extension for Gilmore any day now.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
While my previous rant and so many could be have been written anytime over last four years (and probably has been) I'll still be there every damn week because that's what I do.

The most frustrating part of all of this/these 4 years is the sheer contempt that everyone at the QRU has for the fans. They are quite happy to take exorbitant membership fees and charge top dollar for match day tickets, but then resign the franchise to bottom of the table finishes despite a very strong playing roster.

Many here said Frawley was an improvement but so far he seems as incompetent and complicit as the previous administration.

This team has been on track to have it's worst season ever since round 2 and not a single effort has been made to save the season, even an empty gesture to show the fanbase that "hey, we are trying". Instead, its about coaches collecting paychecks and board members feeling important.

Status
Not open for further replies.