• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
We could do a lot worse than signing a band of brothers on a "family deal"
Ben is a better 10 option than Quade (IMO)
Matt is a better half than either of our current 2 blokes
Tom and Isaac have plenty of promise
All brothers would bleed RED

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Were Smith and Moore involved in the overthrow of coaches in the ACT? If so were they involved a lot or just agreed to the idea?

Could we see a revolt?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Talk of an overthrow is ridiculous. Some criticism at Stiles sure.
Are the players playing to THE game plan.
The HC should come up with a game plan, capable of being implemented by the playing group. It is then up to the players to execute same.

I don't know what the game plan is but the players certainly are not executing it with the fucking defensive lapses, dropped ball, forward passes, shit kicks (generally and place kicks), shit decision making and lack of discipline (resulting in penalties and Yellows).

At this stage I blame the players more than the coaching group.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Talk of an overthrow is ridiculous. Some criticism at Stiles sure.
Are the players playing to THE game plan.
The HC should come up with a game plan, capable of being implemented by the playing group. It is then up to the players to execute same.

I don't know what the game plan is but the players certainly are not executing it with the fucking defensive lapses, dropped ball, forward passes, shit kicks (generally and place kicks), shit decision making and lack of discipline (resulting in penalties and Yellows).

At this stage I blame the players more than the coaching group.

Does it ever occur to you that these problems might have something to do with the coaching? If the coaches are coming up with plans that are completely ineffective, then no matter how well they're executed the players will look bad.

After a season of awful defence, surely we have to consider that it might be a structural problem?

After a season of seemingly pointless kicks consistently executed from the same parts of the field, we need to consider that it might be a structural problem?

After a season of poor discipline, shouldn't we ask whether or not it's due to our coach seemingly wanting our players to win the combative macho-man contest, rather than playing intelligently?

And even if the problems we've seen are due to limitations of the players, isn't it the coaches job to come up with a game plan that the players are capable of executing, whilst improving their skills (and therefore ability to play to more complex plans)?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is Houston even still at the Reds? Is he injured or has he been quietly moved on?

Not in the touring squad to Samoa and haven't seen him named to play club rugby for a few weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

hopefully injured, though I did read at some stage that after his less then thrilling return to Australia, he was keen to return to Bath.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sauron
How is it the coaches fault that Kerevi lets the ball go when in contactor misses tackles or Cppper's shit kicks etc or the stupidity leading to yellows.

As said, if the coach brings a game plan INCAPABLE by his players in implementing sane, then the coach is at fault. If it is capable of being implemented and the players don't, then it is the players fault. Pure and simple

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agreed on your latter point.

But I'd say that because Kerevi has demonstrated no improvement in ball security or defence, then the coaches are clearly not doing their jobs.

Quade has a pop-gun boot. Whether that's because of injury or technique, the coaches should be insisting that somebody else makes kicks (DP?), and/or they should be working on his technique.

Cooper's kicks have been shit all season, and he seems to be affected by injury. Yet, the gameplay doesn't seem to take this into account (or maybe it does, idk). In either situation, it's poor coaching IMO. Either the game plan is supposed to be taking his pop-gun boot into account, and is doing a terrible job' or it's not, and they're expecting an injured player to perform to standards that are physically impossible for him at the moment.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Henry Taefu announced in Samoa squad. (Paul Williams, Perez and stanley unavailable) Great chance for the youngster.

Also - Aloemile called up to Samoa

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^
Mate I agree with a lot of your post.

BUT in respect of Cooper I've reckon he is a hard bloke to "coach" in that he does whatever he feels like at the time.

I would even go further now and say that he is playing for himself in that he's trying that miracle Quade shit in the hope and expectation that they come off thereby polishing the tarnished reputation he now has and designed to enhance his rugby future.

I really hope the bloke comes good but jeez it is a long wait. Based on form he'd be lucky to make the Wallaby squad (IMO)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Taefu gets capped then he will leave reds - would count as the foreign marquee player wouldn't he?

You'd think so. Congrats to him but I'd suggest it would mean he won't be at the Reds next year. Tui will be gone which does free up a spot but there's probably marquee alternatives to Henry.

The only proviso being the length of the contact. If he is already signed for next year I think there is precedent for him to see his contract trophy.

A great opportunity for him regardless.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The holiday atmosphere the media team are portraying in Samoa will surely help alleviate fan frustration.
Well, they've got a week over there so you'd hope during that they'll be out doing school visits & drumming up a bit of support for the match around town.

Only direct flights between Brisbane & Apia are on Saturdays so that's probably partly why they've gone early. Lots more flights from Auckland...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
^^^^^
Mate I agree with a lot of your post.

BUT in respect of Cooper I've reckon he is a hard bloke to "coach" in that he does whatever he feels like at the time.

I would even go further now and say that he is playing for himself in that he's trying that miracle Quade shit in the hope and expectation that they come off thereby polishing the tarnished reputation he now has and designed to enhance his rugby future.

I really hope the bloke comes good but jeez it is a long wait. Based on form he'd be lucky to make the Wallaby squad (IMO)
If QC (Quade Cooper) does what he feels and is so far from the supposed game plan then why does he not get taken off the field or dropped?

The shit kicks and bad choices on field have to be approved by the coach, they have been occurring almost every minute of every game and no action seems to be taken with the exception of Frisby being hooked immediately after his binning.

If the coach is upset why isn't he taking action?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well, they've got a week over there so you'd hope during that they'll be out doing school visits & drumming up a bit of support for the match around town.

Only direct flights between Brisbane & Apia are on Saturdays so that's probably partly why they've gone early. Lots more flights from Auckland.

Good points but still, I don't think this is a great look for a team that has been such under performers this year.

fdb0d042e2d57407c4dd7a5de37c1d65.png

Status
Not open for further replies.