• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds home games will be:

Rnd 1 v Sharks
Rnd 3 v Crusaders
Rnd 6 v Hurricanes
Rnd 8 v Kings
Rnd 10 v Tahs
Rnd 14 v Force
Rnd 16 v Brumbies

Not sure if it has been posted already.

Interesting that there are no local derbies until round 10.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Is suiting the conditions there an exclusion to him having value in Qld?

Not necessarily, but he does look to be a driving maul type of 8, not a linking quick 8 who can spark an attack off the back, which we lack. One of the things that the NZ teams have is speed at #8.

Hands Off Seven!

Bob McCowan (2)
So excited for Quade to be back.

I'm one of the few who doesn't rate Frisby highly, has talent but can be a second or 2 too slow to arrive at the breakdown and does a teensy too much dumb stuff.

Hopefully he can leave Quade to do the melt wax to fix his wings, lose his shirt and pawn his rings stuff and Pickles can concentrate on firstly being an ace distributor.

Be nice to have Will back in the form he's in right now.

Anyway excited for the new season, liking the look of the squad and coach and I think the lack of local derbies early in the season is a good thing, builds the interest into the season.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds home games will be:

Rnd 1 v Sharks
Rnd 3 v Crusaders
Rnd 6 v Hurricanes
Rnd 8 v Kings
Rnd 10 v Tahs
Rnd 14 v Force
Rnd 16 v Brumbies

Not sure if it has been posted already.

Interesting that there are no local derbies until round 10.
Do we know if there are no derbies until round 10, or just none played in Brisbane?

T

TOCC

So excited for Quade to be back.

I'm one of the few who doesn't rate Frisby highly, has talent but can be a second or 2 too slow to arrive at the breakdown and does a teensy too much dumb stuff.

Hopefully he can leave Quade to do the melt wax to fix his wings, lose his shirt and pawn his rings stuff and Pickles can concentrate on firstly being an ace distributor.

Be nice to have Will back in the form he's in right now.

Anyway excited for the new season, liking the look of the squad and coach and I think the lack of local derbies early in the season is a good thing, builds the interest into the season.

Frisby's development seemed to taper a bit this season, but same could be said about all players. Having a highly experienced 5/8 should help improve Frisby's game and take some of the workload off his shoulders.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Frisby's development seemed to taper a bit this season, but same could be said about all players. Having a highly experienced 5/8 should help improve Frisby's game and take some of the workload off his shoulders.

Something I am very much looking forward to.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
yeah jut Brisbane. They couldn't fit it all in otherwise.

Might be holding the Oz derbies back so you've got someone to play while the B&IL are getting knocked around from pillar to post? I saw & posted a draft draw somewhere that had everyone starting at the same time but your teams starting back a week after the SA & a week before the NZ teams.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Just watched the Bath/Worcester match, WTF can't Houston perform like that in the NRC? :mad: Wouldn't be in the least surprised if Leroy decides to stay in Blighty.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just watched the Bath/Worcester match, WTF can't Houston perform like that in the NRC? :mad: Wouldn't be in the least surprised if Leroy decides to stay in Blighty.

I'm guessing it's because it IS the NRC. Why would he risk injury to play in a competition substantially below his level and to prove what? He is being paid to play in the big leagues of the UK's Premiership and Super rugby.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I haven't watched this match but I was impressed with his work in the NRC. Was looking forward to him playing for the Reds. He makes metres in tight, which is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.