• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
And there lies the issue with receuiting based on youtube videos and schoolboy hype. Plenty of people have not made the transition. Problem union has the prospect of Toyota cup vs club rugby is an easy one and the nrc is a way off pulling people ( great for those already in the system/code). So union has to be super aggressive for the stars which can either backfire or be a gill/pocock story. Injuries to the side, Hunt was never going to shine at the RG led reds. We could have made folau look shit.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone heard whether Higgers is coming back?

Horan said he heard this was a chance on Rugby 360 this week.

Yeah? To the Reds or Rebels?

If I was Higgers I'd mate sweet Euro/Japanese money for at least 1 more year then give hte WC a whirl.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It was rumoured before the Houston signing, but I'd think we're pretty full up in the backrow now. It would've been good then but now I'd be a bit disappointed if we spent higgers money when we could've got naisarani for a song. Obviously not on the same level but looks like much better value for money. Maybe worth getting higgers if tui is leaving at the end of the year.

The only place I'd like to see us really spend now is on a fast, classy fullback/wing (or to get Gill back).

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Neither 'need' him, especially the Reds who've got some great 6/8 prospects.

Obvious Higgers would probably be the best of the lot, but the only east coast team crying out for someone hitting his mould would be the Brumbies.

He could be coming back to replace Tui.

Or Houston is only on a 1-year deal and he's off to Bath again, so we started negotiating with Scotty Higgers

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
PLEASE don't joke about the demise of the Force. We really do need them in Oz rugby and they're just starting to get a critical mass of WA players coming through. A bean-counter at the ARU might read this and get a brainwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.